• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 Acapulco Blue Paint Code # and Mix Quantities

Sarge

I am ready to send my GT/CS out to get it painted, and am thinking of either Acapulco Blue (which my car currently is) or Highland Green, which was the original color. I have the paint code and mix quantities for the Highland Green from another thread, but don't have anything on the Acapulco Blue. Anyone out there able to help with the Ditzler/PPG paint code and mix # ratios?

Regards,

Robert

Mosesatm

Last edited:

franklinair

The paint supplier should have the formula for each paint code. (Highland Green would be my first choice.)

Neil

dalorzo_f

I'd suggest test samples before you buy it all. Colors will vary by manufacturer.

I'd bet if you used the 3 codes above with even the same manufacturer the colors will vary. When picking the color for the EXP repli-bute I tested 4 different "Highland Green's" from 3 manufacturers, and they were all different... oddly, the most different were the two from the same manufacturer, one in "traditional" 2 pack and one in the newer water based stuff, totally different colors and highlights/"flip"...