• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 Trim Code 2B

robert campbell

Help,
I am working on a customer 1968 Coupe, not a GT/CS. Still has original door tag and it is a Wimbledon White car, code M, with a trim code of 2B which decodes as standard interior "Light Blue Vinyl and Dark Blue Vinyl". The seats are redone and the carpet has been replaced. It has dark blue carpet that I think is correct and the seats are two tone with the inserts being dark blue and the outer being light blue, which I believe is correct?

This is the car that the owner wants me to put deluxe door panels on and he purchased them in light blue. The current standard door panels are old, they may be original, and they are dark blue. He also purchased dark blue deluxe arm rests.

I think this car should have dark blue door panels vice light blue? I know none of this is original when he goes to the deluxe stuff, but I think the light blue door panels will look strange against the light blue door paint and the dark blue arm rests.

Thoughts!

Rob

franklinair

Should be DARK Blue deluxe door panels, dark blue pull straps,dark blue armrests, light blue door paint.
What color is the headliner? (Should be light blue.)
Does this car have a console?

Neil

Ruppstang

Should be DARK Blue deluxe door panels, dark blue pull straps,dark blue armrests, light blue door paint.
What color is the headliner? (Should be light blue.)
Does this car have a console?

Neil

+ 1 Marty

Attachments

• 1968 original standard  blue interior.jpg
    1968 original standard blue interior.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 43
OP
OP
R

robert campbell

It has Light blue door paint. Dark blue dash pad (very original looking). Light blue headliner. I think he may have purchased black door pull straps.....

Thanks guys!!! Neil, I am talking with the owner about your instrument bezel. Thanks for offering it up.

Rob

franklinair

Rob;
If it is a NON A/C car, I think I also have the blanking (woodgrain) plates as well for the center & right outlet areas.

Neil

OP
OP
R

robert campbell

Dad,
It is an A/C car. So where do you guys source the dark blue deluxe door panels. They seem to list blue? And some do not list any blue ones?

That dog gone Arlie!! Where is he!!!! Just kidding, but he would be all over this!!!

Rob

franklinair

The CJMustang's blue looks right to me. Also, the dark blue top/light blue bottom would seem correct- to match the two tone blue of the seats.

Neil

Last edited:
OP
OP
R

robert campbell

Marty,
TMI appears to make a solid dark blue (on their website) and a two tone version that is dark blue on the top and light blue on the bottom separated by the deluxe wood grain strip. I agree with Dad that maybe the two tone look is to match the two tone look of the seat?

In fact the two tone look is the only one I see from most suppliers. So it appears that will be the choice!!

Thanking you and Dad for the help!! I am not much of a "concurs" guy as you know.....

Rob