• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

2004 Nashville 40th Update

RacingFan

Hi all,

Just got back from Nashville and had a great time. I ran into at least 6 other GT/CS owners and HCS owners. Even had a few clones at the show, which proves the interest in our cars! (I still believe that imitation is the most sincere form of flattery!) :) I won't steal Tom E's thunder, but his HCS competed in the Concours Class. I thought the car was just about as perfect as I have ever seen, SUPER work Tom!!!! I don't know the results, but I do know that Tom's car set the standard as far as I am concerned. And I know what kind of shape the car was in when Tom started, and I can't say enough about his expertise and workmanship!
I also ran into Bob Teets, who was there with his 428 HCS. Bob is quite possibly the nicest, smartest guy I know in this hobby. It was quite an honor to meet the man behind the machine, as we have all had contact with him on this board. I consider him a great friend now, and hope everyone gets a chance to meet this legend. And see his car(s)!
It was great seeing all the folks there from this board! We need to start planning the 2008 GT/CS and HCS Anniversary show! (More on that in another post!) I will forward some pics to Jon to post!

mach1baby390

Good meeting you racingfan you had a very nice car, really liked your hoodtach, keep on stasnging.
Scott

OP
OP
R

RacingFan

Ditto Scott, it was great meeting you and your wife. You have a very fine fastback! Appreciate you showing it to me.
I would have to agree with your earlier post about how disorganized the show was. I am sure alot of folks put in some hard work, but it just never clicked together, did it?
Hope to see you again soon, and take a peek at your GT/CS!

rjw

Man, what a show! From my perspective, it was great! I admit, I did not have my car there (which probably gave me more time to socialize), but I met several of my fellow forum members. I'm sorry I can't remember all of your names, but indeed it was much fun to meet folks with common "Special" interests. A few of you were not at your cars when I came by...but I saw your cars...the Meadowlark yellow GTCS...and a lime gold one...and the teal colored one. What a pleasure it was to meet Mr. Teets! What a knowledgable guy. And meeting Mr. Elledge was a treat. And our Canadian friend was super knowledgeable about the nuances of our cars. It's a shame that all the Specials were not grouped together, but it was still a great show! I can upload, oh, about 420 pics if you like!
Richard

bbeatty

[quote author=rjw link=board=1;threadid=875;start=0#msg4843 date=1082428542]
I can upload, oh, about 420 pics if you like!
Richard
[/quote]

We like! We like! ;D ;D

It was great meeting you at the show. Next time, I'm bringing my car as well!

66 Dearborn HCS

Did anybody meet up with Bob Teets? I think he took the X-code HCS. I hear he was right next to the track.

gtcs68mustang

I also attended the 40th Anniverary in Nashville. I had met a few fellow owners of GT/CS and HCS. The one man I had talked to had the red HCS and was from PA. I can't remember his name, and I am sorry for that, but he was a really nice man and told me all about this wesite, so here I am. I enjoyed the celebration and they had beautiful weather. If you would like to reply, that would be great! I just wish someone would come out with a special t-shirt for us. I was thinking about checking into this. how about it?

OP
OP
R

RacingFan

If you saw his HCS in the concours display area, that would be Tom E, if it was next to the track fence, that would have been Bob Teets. Both super, knowledgable fans! We have discussed the t-shirt thing on a number of occasions, and I believe its in the works. Stay tuned to the site for updates! Paul, any word????????

66 Dearborn HCS

[quote author=RacingFan link=board=1;threadid=875;start=0#msg4872 date=1082553310]
Bob Teets. ...super, knowledgable fans![/quote]

That's an understatement. I'd think running the registry would be beyond mere fandom. ;D

OP
OP
R

RacingFan

Good point Scott, I just didn't want to get too flowery after mentioning how great a fellow he was in 5 or 6 other posts! I don't want Bob, or others, thinking we were taking warm showers together or anything inappropriate...LOL. I agree with you completely, Bob is a legend! Fair enough? :)

66 Dearborn HCS

[quote author=RacingFan link=board=1;threadid=875;start=0#msg4882 date=1082578781]
I don't want Bob, or others, thinking we were taking warm showers together or anything inappropriate...LOL. I agree with you completely, Bob is a legend! Fair enough? :)
[/quote]

LMAO!!

hcsstang

8) ;D I can't keep it a secret any more. MCA must of straighten out the dispute that I had with them cause they gave me the gold in the concours class. That sure suprised me. I'm still on cloud 9. I had a lengthly discussion with Mr Teets . He was very helpful .I got a few bolts to change them it's going to the Hershey Museum for a while. ;) :)

OP
OP
R

RacingFan

Congratulations Tom!!!!!! I knew the car was right when I saw it! I think Tom may be the first HCS in GOLD Concours! Super, super job Tom!!! ;D

rjw

That's great, Tom. You sure have a beautiful car and it was indeed a pleasure to meet you. Gold in concours class in THAT field is certainly impressive. I know your family is proud, too!
Richard