• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

New GT/CS Owner

klmore

I purchased a GT/CS this month. I bought it from another member here. It has the Marchal fog lamps and even came with spare GT/CS parts in the truck. It is nice to have a spare grille with the correct pieces.

I have the Marti report and have checked it over very well to verify it is a true GT/CS.

I have Pauls first book, but not his second. Can some one tell me if it is in the second Registry. The VIN is 8R01C150055.

I plan on gathering parts for the next 12 months and will start the restoration in 06. I may even do a web page with all of the restoration pictures.

mmarsalone

It's not in Paul's second book. It may have been added to the registry from this website. You probably should still update your ownership in the registry though.

Mike

PB gtcs

klmore, Welcome to the world of GT/CS. How much work does the car need. Is the one you bot in the gallery. If we can be of any help, please let us know. We are in the last stages of a Resto. The folks here have been extremely helpful. I am sure you will find it so as well.

Brian and Paul Stevenson

rvrtrash

Welcome to the group. You'll enjoy being here. Mixed in with the rest of us are some really knowledgable people.
Steve

PFSlim

klmore - Welcome to the group. Don't be affraid to ask any question. As idsteve said, alot of knowledge on this site. Take some time and go back through the 20-30 pages of forum discussions. We have learned so much from this site.

Enjoy your GT/CS.

Paul

OP
OP
K

klmore

[quote author=PB gtcs link=board=1;threadid=1292;start=0#msg7372 date=1104176061]
How much work does the car need. Is the one you bot in the gallery. If we can be of any help, please let us know. We are in the last stages of a Resto. The folks here have been extremely helpful. I am sure you will find it so as well.

Brian and Paul Stevenson

[/quote]

It needs a full restoration. It's complete and is fairly rust free. Other than a really bad red repaint it is in good condition. I found a nice 68 parts car this week. I'm going to start buying parts for it in March.

Here's a picture. Sorry it's dark but it is in a really bad spot for picture taking.

Attachments

• GTCS-8.JPG
    GTCS-8.JPG
    41.7 KB · Views: 13