• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 My GT/CS in California Auto Museum

gt/csj4

Very cool Mike! The reporter was super obnoxious tho "whowee! look at this baby!" (referring to the roadrunner lol)

Mustanglvr

Wow Mike! She's a beauty! I posted it to all my friends on Facebook. :grin:

Ruppstang

Congrats Mike! No off season for your car this year. It will be enjoyed indoors all winter.

robert campbell

Mike,
Your car and its history with Tim make it so "special" to the members of this site. Your workmanship to bring it to this level is second to none! I feel it is the flagship of this site!!

Rob

Midnight Special

Mike,
Your car and its history with Tim make it so "special" to the members of this site. Your workmanship to bring it to this level is second to none! I feel it is the flagship of this site!!

Rob

...I can honestly say had it not been for Mike's never-ending enthusiasm and fact-finding, I would never have dicovered the true GT/CS experience (or this site) back in '05. When I bought (his) the car in 1978, I knew nothing about it other than it was a fire-breathing monster that people either loved or hated with little in between....but it was different...and I wanted to be different! That era (so I thought) had concluded with some pretty great stories :)

Never would I have imagined that a mere mention of those memories to Mike in the early '80s would culminate into "today" in a way volumes would have to be typed to adequately explain.

...And so it goes in my little corner of the world nowadays, surrounded by people who "make it happen" for people who really enjoy the value of the difference!

Congratulations again, Mike! :)

OP
OP
somethingspecial

somethingspecial

WOW, Thanks guys. I tried to restore the car to great standards, but I never knew you folks felt that way. Thanks again.

robert campbell

speaking of great looking cars and Highland Green....... That one Neil just finished and sold is awesome. In my old age I am starting to appreciate the original "colors" these cars came in. My first 1967 Fastback had a Saddle interior and at the time I hated it..... Now I want one!!!

Rob

Ruppstang

Rob if you like green and saddle I think youwill like our 67 GTA convertible that is Dark Moss Green with the deluxe Saddle Interior.

Attachments

• 175.jpg
    175.jpg
    114.6 KB · Views: 29
  • 67 GTA 005_crop.jpg
    67 GTA 005_crop.jpg
    123.1 KB · Views: 39
  • 67 GTA 016_crop.jpg
    67 GTA 016_crop.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 28

robert campbell

Marty,
Wow!!! GTA with air and tilt away!! Lower console and Exterior Decor Group!!!! That be one loaded car! Those are the options I could pick out! So, what option generates the color coordinated shift handle? and what is the power for this bad boy?

Val's Fastback started as a lime gold, lime gold interior 1967 GTA Fastback with a 390 and auto.

Rob

Ruppstang

Yes it is well equipped. Besides what you mentioned it has decor interior (that is where the color coordinated shift handle comes from), Power top, Rear folding glass, deluxe belts, tinted glass, PB, PS, Visibility group (lights in trunk, glove box and under the hood) AM-FM radio and the very rare convenience lights ( low fuel, park brake, door ajar and seat belt reminder lights). Sadly it is only powered by a C code 289. Oh if it were only a K code.

Val's Fastback looks Bad to the Bone wearing that black paint and all that go under the hood

robert campbell

My first Mustang had the visibility group. Gee whiz Rob, duh on the interior decor group (deluxe interior). Plain as day.... MY GNS has the convience group. Fun to keep the door ajar lights working.....

A funny story on interior decor group was a purchase of a 289 black 4 speed Coupe in my area. A one owner purchase! She said they bought the car becasue of the hard shell on the back of the front seat. Felt it would withstand kids kicking at them better!!

I noticed the color of your seat backs. As I know you are concurs expert, the darker brown is proper?

Rob