• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 Fun at the Petersen Auto Museum

somethingspecial

Had a great time at the Petersen Museum this weekend. Something Special was presented with great company, over 20 fantastic Mustangs of all generations and race history. The CS was back to back with a Boss 302 and across the the isle from the Lee Iacocca 45th Anniversary Mustang. John Kramen from Mecum Auctions told me the CS was his favorite pick of the whole exhibit. Made me proud. They have a barn find 65 Shelby GT 350 that was my favorite, as well as the original Elinore.

If you are in the L.A. area, I highly recommend a visit to the Museum, and make sure you take the Vault Tour. They wouldn't allow photos taken in the Vault, Sorry. Sunday they had a Mustang Show on the Parking Garage roof which started at Galpin Ford. Only one new model GT/CS though. My favorite of the car show was the Shelby de Mexico that showed up. Talk about crude!!!!!!!

Robinette fell in love with a new model supercharged Shelby GT500KR, however she still won't let me buy her one. $&#@!!!!!!!!! Probably for the best.

Attachments

• Robinette and I at Petersen.jpg
    Robinette and I at Petersen.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 81
  • Something Special at Petersen.jpg
    Something Special at Petersen.jpg
    9.4 KB · Views: 66
  • 036.jpg
    036.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 68
  • 051.jpg
    051.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 66
  • John Kramen at Petersen.jpg
    John Kramen at Petersen.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 67
  • 059.jpg
    059.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 63
OP
OP
somethingspecial

somethingspecial

My favorite of the Mustang Madness car show on Sunday. The Shelby de Mexico.

Attachments

• 073.jpg
    073.jpg
    124.4 KB · Views: 47
  • 072.jpg
    072.jpg
    131.7 KB · Views: 44
  • 071.jpg
    071.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 46
  • 070.jpg
    070.jpg
    110.2 KB · Views: 48
  • 069.jpg
    069.jpg
    101.6 KB · Views: 45
  • 068.jpg
    068.jpg
    119.7 KB · Views: 50
OP
OP
somethingspecial

somethingspecial

Didn't really pay attention to that, but looking at the pictures, looks like it.

clubpro

Congratulations Mike! What a great honor and it couldn't happen to nicer guy and his wife of course :). Hope to get down there to see the exhibit soon. Wish I could have been there for the show Sunday it looked like a good show.

Cheers,

Ron

Midnight Special

Congratulations Mike! What a great honor and it couldn't happen to nicer guy......
Cheers,

Ron

...I don't know, Ron... I'm beginning to have my doubts about this whole thing!

Personally, I think it's all a big plot to butter-up Mike into doing something with that "Gone in 60 Seconds" car!!

Attachments

• 68.jpg
    68.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 36
  • 60.jpg
    60.jpg
    195.9 KB · Views: 25

robert campbell

Tim,
Every time I see that picture it amazes me!!! From 70's psychedelic to concurs winner status!!

I want the side pipes!!! I think they would look great on my GNS whatever it is!!!! Gosh it could enhance the "cloner" build that someone suggested to me......

Rob

Midnight Special

Tim,
Every time I see that picture it amazes me!!! From 70's psychedelic to concurs winner status!!

I want the side pipes!!! I think they would look great on my GNS whatever it is!!!! Gosh it could enhance the "cloner" build that someone suggested to me......

Rob

....Yep, them pipes were all the rage back in the day! ;-)

Attachments

• 2510.jpg
    2510.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 29

Ruppstang

A lot of girl friends got burns from them. I guess it was a good test if she really liked you!

stangfan

That is great! Loved that line when he is talking about your car..."Another way to tell that this is something special". :cool:

clubpro

What a great video clip on your car Mike! It is obvious that the gentleman describing your car really likes it and I understand why.

Cheers,

Ron