• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

2005 Registry Update Thread

OP
OP
P

PNewitt

Book Update!!

A GT/CS Recognition Guide Update:

There's a lot going on right now, but I'll give you a peek....

1. We obtained some terrific information from Kevin Marti (Marti Autoworks). This includes specific numbers of items for the GT/CS and the HCS. Such as: DSOs, Colors, Engine-Trans, interiors, etc., etc.. I think you'll be amazed at what you'll see, and discover just how rare your GT/CS or HCS really is!

2. I have acculimated over 1500 photos (20 years worth), all converted to Photo CDs.

3. There are some new folks to interview, such as a worker at A.O. Smith, and a few from the Milpitas Ford plant. I also have a contact that was there when they raced the '68 Trans Am cars, that "temporarily" used the GT/CS spoilers.

4. Every word of both books (1989, 1996) had been transcribed to disc for the new book. The entire amount of material (about 80,000 words) will need to be edited by myself. It's looking like 200 pages, hardbound, with some pages in color.

5. New features include: CS-specific electrical items restored, Vintage/Shelby performance parts, and San Jose (Milpitas) Plant specific concours guidelines. Concours restoration will be shown in great detail--with easy to follow procedures for the hobbyist. The "L'il Red", and the "Green Hornet" histories will be included. Also--a section on the 2007/2008 GT/CS, with production history and numbers.

6. Charts, graphs, flow chart, and cross-referenced production information.

7. Registry: Every form is being organized by hand, determined by VIN. Newer forms will be clipped to the old forms, to identify new owners, new info, photo CDs, Marti reports, letters, notes, etc. This has become a VERY tedious project, outside of just doing the book.

8. Other items being put together for production (pending legal-trademark & copyright approval), are GT/CS Decals, HCS Decals, 40th Anniversary Decals, Under-hood identifier plaques, deluxe key fobs, and possibly t-shirts.

9. I am aiming at spring '07 release for the book and most of the above. This should coincide with the Knott's Berry Farm FORD show.

10. A promotional information sheet, with a few survey questions is being put together right now, and mailed sometime in November. We are currently finishing up the 1200 name list. I will accept pre-orders for the book at that time (with numbered copy priority). This will be done ONLY by mail, and not through the internet (i.e. this site). This is because many owners do not go on the 'net, and I wish to give equal opportunity to order a preferred, early numbered and signed copy. I will offer the decals (and maybe something else (secret)) that can be sent out right away.

I hope that you understand that if I can't answer your questions or private messages here, it's because I'm 'buried" here in my work. This is my primary project right now, sometimes requiring 12-hour days and weekends, too.

Thanks so much for your support and interest!

Paul M. Newitt

OP
OP
P

PNewitt

Jan 2007 GT/CS Registry--numbers by state & country.

Here is an update from the GT/CS Registry. Not since 1996 has there been this type of information. I did a count within the registry to determined just how many cars, registered with names, are in each state. Since not everyone "everywhere" in the US (and a few other countries) has registered their (1968) GT/CS, this is at best a good thumbnail estimate of how many cars are out there, and by state.

A better, detailed listing and analysis of these numbers will be in the upcoming book. The total cars listed with addresses in the Registry is 684 (16% of total original production) , but the Registry has close to 1100 (27% of total original production) cars listed from many sources.

California (both Northern and Southern) still has 34% of all cars in the registry (in the U.S.) The Colorado numbers, as well as parts of those surrounding states are mostly HCS cars, but are included.

Note that after almost 40 years, cars in certain states have declined, by "natural attrition", due to bad weather of daily driving, etc. Some folks in certain states here will find that they have a GT/CS that is extremely rare, like in Mississippi, South Carolina, Maine, Arkansas, etc. What is the real suprise is that Arizona was sent many, many cars in 1968, but only have 20 have been registered today.

So--by the numbers are the distribution of 1968 GT/CS Mustangs:

California: 235 (No. Cal - 112, So Cal. - 123)

Colorado - 43 (thanks to Bob Teets' HCS Registry)
Texas - 38
Washington St. - 30

Oregon - 27
Arizona - 20

Illinois - 19

Michigan - 18 Missouri - 18

Florida - 17

New Mexico - 15

Minnesota - 13 Oklahoma - 13

Utah - 12

Indiana - 11 Ohio - 11

New York - 9

Montana - 8 Idaho - 8

Georgia - 7 Virginia - 7 Iowa - 7

Alabama - 6

Massachusetts -5 Arkansas - 5 Pennsylvania - 5
Maryland - 5 South Dakota - 5 North Dakota - 5

Nebraska - 4 Alaska - 4 Wyoming - 4 New Jersey - 4

Wisconsin - 3 Hawaii - 3 Kentucky - 3 Kansas - 3

Tennesee - 2 Lousianna - 2 Maine - 2 West Virginia - 2
Connecticut - 2 Puerto Rico - 2

New Hampshire - 1 South Carolina - 1 Mississippi - 1

----------------------------

Foreign:

Canada: 41 total, (of that, B.C.: 20)
Australia - 7
New Zealand -1
Sweden - 2
UK - 1

--------------

Paul M. Newitt
GT/CS Registrar

Stacey Enderle

PNewitt said:
Here is an update from the GT/CS Registry. Not since 1996 has there been this type of information. I did a count within the registry to determined just how many cars, registered with names, are in each state. Since not everyone "everywhere" in the US (and a few other countries) has registered their (1968) GT/CS, this is at best a good thumbnail estimate of how many cars are out there, and by state.

A better, detailed listing and analysis of these numbers will be in the upcoming book. The total cars listed with addresses in the Registry is 684 (16% of total original production) , but the Registry has close to 1100 (27% of total original production) cars listed from many sources.

California (both Northern and Southern) still has 34% of all cars in the registry (in the U.S.) The Colorado numbers, as well as parts of those surrounding states are mostly HCS cars, but are included.

Note that after almost 40 years, cars in certain states have declined, by "natural attrition", due to bad weather of daily driving, etc. Some folks in certain states here will find that they have a GT/CS that is extremely rare, like in Mississippi, South Carolina, Maine, Arkansas, etc. What is the real suprise is that Arizona was sent many, many cars in 1968, but only have 20 have been registered today.

So--by the numbers are the distribution of 1968 GT/CS Mustangs:

California: 235 (No. Cal - 112, So Cal. - 123)

Colorado - 43 (thanks to Bob Teets' HCS Registry)
Texas - 38
Washington St. - 30

Oregon - 27
Arizona - 20

Illinois - 19

Michigan - 18 Missouri - 18

Florida - 17

New Mexico - 15

Minnesota - 13 Oklahoma - 13

Utah - 12

Indiana - 11 Ohio - 11

New York - 9

Montana - 8 Idaho - 8

Georgia - 7 Virginia - 7 Iowa - 7

Alabama - 6

Massachusetts -5 Arkansas - 5 Pennsylvania - 5
Maryland - 5 South Dakota - 5 North Dakota - 5

Nebraska - 4 Alaska - 4 Wyoming - 4 New Jersey - 4

Wisconsin - 3 Hawaii - 3 Kentucky - 3 Kansas - 3

Tennesee - 2 Lousianna - 2 Maine - 2 West Virginia - 2
Connecticut - 2 Puerto Rico - 2

New Hampshire - 1 South Carolina - 1 Mississippi - 1

----------------------------

Foreign:

Canada: 41 total, (of that, B.C.: 20)
Australia - 7
New Zealand -1
Sweden - 2
UK - 1

--------------

Paul M. Newitt
GT/CS Registrar

Paul,

Wasn't there one car in the Phillipines and another in Iceland?

Stacey

OP
OP
P

PNewitt

Hi Stacey!

Yes, you are right. We have "one more box" to look at and tie up some loose ends. This is a long,tedious process.

Getting more cars registered will help everyone.

thanks!

Paul.

OP
OP
P

PNewitt

(posted 2/3/07)

I wanted to give you an update on the book, and it's (hopeful) production by this summer.

Behind the scenes from this website, I have been working hard on developing a very comprehensive book on not only the 1968 GT/CS, but also on the the 2007-2008 version GT/CS.

I have decided to go for an exclusive-looking book, with a few extra items that I think you'll like. At present, I hope to have a hard cover, 200 page book, with some pages in color. The GT/CS logo will embossed into the cover. I am trying to get a tote bag for the book, two decals (one is the original gold version, and a new 40th Anniv. decal), and a key fob (I have a promotions-items company working with me, but I'm open to other suppliers at this time. Attn: Tim). The retail cost per book, with the "trinkets" included will be $99 each, plus shipping.

Since the Mustang trademark issue with Ford legal has been so prominent (i.e. stores changing their name); I decided that I should approach them for a license to make the book and other related items. By having this license, it will open doors for future work of mine, and possibly, access to their archives. Handfulls of GT/CS items are unnoticed, but a book like this would require the proper agreements. Ford trademarked the GT/CS name in Jan 2006.

What this means is that I will have to pay a "good faith" advance royalty fee to Ford, which is a few thousand dollars. The printing of the book, and other items will also cost "several thousand dollars".

So--as determined as I am to complete this project, I will need some support. In about two weeks, I will be sending out a letter asking whether you would be interested in a book (or more than one), and if you would like to make a "reservation". No money is involved, just a note asking to be put on a priority list to get a "low-numbered" and signed book. I will be saving the first 100 (or so) books for myself to sell years later on EBAY. The letters I receive by mail will be accumulated by postmark date, and given a book number in that order. More than one by the same postmark will be selected alphabetically by last name. Note: please do not PM or e-mail me here, by U.S. Mail only).

I will need to know if I have interest in (by reservations only--no money sent) at least 300 books to proceed with this venture. This is why I am doing this mass mailing to all of you in about two weeks.

At the same time, I could mention the Grass Valley Air Show, the Picnic at the Jewell's, and a potential HCS BBQ in Colorado. This would cover over 600-700 folks on my list. This mailing will also determine the status of ownership, cars bought and/or sold, bad addresses, etc.

IF YOU ARE NOT YET ON MY MAILING LIST....

Send an SASE to me at: Paul M. Newitt, P.O. Box 2245, Davis, CA 95617
If you sent in a registration for your GT/CS (within the past several years), you are already on my list. I'm still accepting registry information, so please "snail mail" me your car's info (and photos on CD) withing the next few weeks, since the Registry is now coming together. Car and owner information has been organized, filed and identified recently, and getting ready to compile into a database.

I'm hoping to get the book together ASAP, around my other (bill paying) work. My target date is "before July", but I'll know more about a specific date soon (printer production schedules, making items; and receiving production info on the 2008 GT/CS).

Thank You for your support.

Paul M. Newitt

limelyt

Paul

I have just finished my registration form but when i go to sumit it keep telling me to go back and fill in info, as far as i can see all the info in done. I have a copy of the filled out form in pdf version. Can I email it to somone, and if so who?

thanks

Gary

68gt390

Paul

I have just finished my registration form but when i go to sumit it keep telling me to go back and fill in info, as far as i can see all the info in done. I have a copy of the filled out form in pdf version. Can I email it to somone, and if so who?

thanks

Gary

Gary;
Go to the bottom of this page and click on "contact us". This will enable you to submit your problem directly to Jon who is our webmaster for the site. He can answer your questions on the registration page and fix any problems you may be having with it. Hope this helps.

Don

OP
OP
P

PNewitt

In the continuing spirit of sharing the book's process with you all, here is an update, and information about the mailer that I am currently working on. I'll post this notice on two threads.

Although I have been talking about a mailer since (at least) June, the delay is not a matter of procrastination or hesitancy, but of timing. It's a bit like being between a rock and a hard place. This is not really a direct delay, but abuot how well I can juggle my time and maximize production and sales.

Applying for the license for the book requires obtaining insurance, then an application process. I can't go into the details, but know that all of this has been in the works for some time now.

I had originally thought of sending the mailer to about 1,000 folks on my mailing list, asking for a book deposit. After thinking this through, I've decided to send the mailer ASAP with a reservation form. If you wish to buy a book (or more than one) you will fill out the reservation form, and can return it with NO pre-order money required. It won't be a binding agreement, but I will be holding a book (or more) for you, with as low a number as possible. When the books are ready, books unpaid by this reservation will untimately go to another buyer. The unknown variable is the time it will actually take to finish the book--and the licensing process, so I wouldn't want to tie up your money for an undetermined length of time.

Your reservation(s) will give me a serious estimate of how many books I can sell in the short term, to finance this whole project. The insurance, license advance fee, printing & binding, DVDs, and other necessary items will cost quite a lot. I have had a couple of investors interested (which I greatly appreciate!!). What I'll need are some good numbers of those interested enough to buy a book (or more) when they become available. This is the missing part of this puzzle that I'll appreciate getting, once the returned reservation forms start coming in.

Once the mailer has gone out, In the meantime the book's writing, editing and production, will move ahead. There will be an undetermined time required for the license approval, including a review of the book. The licensing process will not hinder the continuation of the book's progress.

When the license is approved, and the book is ready to go to print, I will approach those with reservations for payment in full (including shipping) at that time. This will be explained in detail in the mailer you will receive. All of this may sound a bit confusing, but I am definately moving forward despite the required legal and financial requirements. I'm able to include the 2008 GT/CS production data and history, which will really make this a complete history book of the GT/CS (and makes the book's "delay" actually an advantage).

In the meantime--I'm finishing up the mailer ASAP, and it will go out very soon!! (it would be safe to say by the end of July, you'll "finally" get it). This mailer will also include some more questions about your GT/CS, and a request to get your Marti Report, photos and perhaps video to me ASAP. Some members/owners on my list are not aware of this website, and haven't heard from me since 1996. This may bring some very interesting new information!

I'd be happy to answer any questions, and/or clarify anything.
I truly appreciate all of your interest and support!!!

Paul N.

CJ 56

Hi Paul
Been a while since i have been on here, good to hear the progress. I would be happy to comitte to a book, you may want to just e-mail me your letter as postage to New Zealand may be a drama for you. I am sure you have my detail ( I have sent video and Marti etc last year)

Chris

OP
OP
P

PNewitt

You can post your VIN number (such as 8R011------) , and see if we know of this car.

You can also mail me your VIN and your data plate info--as well as a copy of your Marti Report, a copy of the original invoice,and any photos to:

Paul M. Newitt / GT/CS Registry
P.O. Box 2245
Davis, CA 95617

Thanks!

Paul N.

quicknick

Paul,
My neighbor recently purchased my "T" code car and has not registered it yet into his name. I sent you a PM with his mailing info. Please let me know you recieved this and mailed his letter out. Thank you, Nicholas

wally05

I just purchased BroadwayBlue's J-code GT/CS. Also, I have a redfire 2007 GT/CS. What should I do with all the information?

BroadwayBlue

I just purchased BroadwayBlue's J-code GT/CS. Also, I have a redfire 2007 GT/CS. What should I do with all the information?

I just sent you an email with the info you need to send to Paul and where. I couldn't PM you - you might have that turned off.

See here too: http://www.californiaspecial.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3392

Paul has all the info (Marti, history, pics, etc) already.
It's his call but I'm assuming he doesn't need you to resend everything ... unless you want and have time to get him your own pics. He probably just need any updates from you and your name, address, etc ...

Diesel Donna

Welcome Wally!!! Glad to have you here and you bought your car from a real standup guy!!