• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Lucas Fog Lights

franklinair

Square base or Pedestal, that is the question.
Paul's 1996 Registry, page 117 illustrates a Square Base Lucas fog light. Page 118 illustrates a Lucas light utilizing the Pedestal retrofit. The description says the pedestal installation method started April 26, 1968.

My car was built March 1, 1968 - prior to the pedestal configuration date, and it has the square base Lucas lights mounted directly to the lower grille panels as shown on page 117.

I presently have the grille all apart, bringing things to a correct status (dark gray grille mesh, dark gray lower grille panels) and I have the pedestal parts, but am wondering if I should install the pedestals or leave things the way they left the factory/dealership. What do you think?
Neil Hoppe

mmarsalone

Neil,

IMO, correct would either be Lucas lights on the round pedastals or Marchals on the grille. Your car's build date indicates it came from the factory with Marchals and had the dealer recall to the Lucas lights. Do you know when your car was sold? Then you would know if it left the dealer with the Marchal lights only to leave the dealer the second time after the recall with the incorrect pedastals.