• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Windshield Wipers

stangchick

I was at Carlisle today and two other CS were there and I got to meet a few people I had emailed back and forth to. Thing one thing I did notice is that I have different windshield wipers than the other two cars.

Both books I have do not mention much about the wipers. Anyone else out there have wipers that look like this? Does anyone know if they were and option?

Attachments

• wiper_blades2.jpg
    wiper_blades2.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 16

My CS was parked when the car was only 10 years old, so I'm confident that the wipers are original--and they do not look like yours. Your wipers look very similar (if not identical) to the wipers on my '65 Thunderbird.

RacingFan

:D Hi Rachel! It was great meeting you at Carlisle! Can't wait to see you car. After you left, another GT/CS fan pulled up in his candy apple red California Special. He has only owned it a year, but what caught my eye was the fact that he had the same windsheild wiper arms that you have, with the air deflector. The plot thickens...........

Calspecialdreamer

Your VIN number on the dash is opposite of where I've always seen them! Has it been moved? I've only seen them in the same location, but on the drivers side...

68sunlitgold

All VIN # on mustangs where on the passenger side up to and including '68. I believe they moved to the drivers side in 69.
Doug

rjw

That is the location for VIN number on the 68. Later on, it was moved to the driver's side.
Richard

Russ

Two issues: The VIN plate is always found on the passenger side on 1968 Mustangs and the original wipers are Trico stainless steel units that do not have the wind deflector. Hope this helps.

Russ