• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 My new old red HCS

somethingspecial

Thank you Marty, Very kind words. With your experience you KNOW what it took to get it where it is today. Are you going to restore your HCS to concours trailered or driven?

Midnight Special

...Marty, Here's how she looked in 1979 ...

Attachments

• 390e.jpg
    390e.jpg
    166.1 KB · Views: 64
  • e390.jpg
    e390.jpg
    117.6 KB · Views: 53

somethingspecial

Tim, I see you finally found those pics. I sure would like to get copies of them for my history book. I would be most happy to pay you for them. Those have always been my favorite pics showing the custom paint. Thanks Mike

OP
OP
R

Ruppstang

Wow Guys that car has had more than one transformation. I am not sure what direction I will go . When I bought it I thought I would retore it to driven concours. After all I own them because I love to drive them. Now after a couple of natoinal shows and judging two really nice trailered HCS's I am leaning toward trailerd concours. I also would hate to take a chance on something happening to such a rare car. I have a little time to decide I am in the middle of restoring a 67 hardtop I found on Craigs list in Febuary. I am going to sell it to fund the HCS restoration. We have plans to drive our 68 fastback next year to the MCA grand national in Bellevue WA. hope to see many of you and your cars there. Marty

OP
OP
R

Ruppstang

Today I finally found time to try to start the HCS for the first time. It had not been started in 10 years. We primed the oil pump and retimed the engine. Replace the fuel pump and used a mower can on the fender for a fuel tank. After a few tries we got it started and it ran much better than I expected it to. Then it started pushing out coolant out of the overflow and the top radiator hose was cold. Thought the thermostat was stuck, pulled the housing and found it compleatly blocked. Cleaned that out and back together took it for its first drive C4 shifted well, PS and PB worked fine. I think the radiator still needs to be boiled out. But all in all a pretty good day. Marty