• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Leaf Springs

nfrntau

Is there a secret to taking leaf springs apart?

Should I just outsource it, pick it up for blasting and clean-up and then have them reassemble.

Just looking for opinions.

rvrtrash

I just replaced mine and bought new ones through Detroit Eaton Spring. Mine were sagging a little and when I looked into it, it cost as much to re-arch them as buy new ones, and the re-arch doesn't hold as long as a new spring will. If you stay with your originals, don't media blast them. The tempering of the metal is on the surface and media blasting will weaken that, which will cause your springs to fail, or so I've been told by two different local spring manufacturers. For $179.00 to get new, it wasn't worth messing with for me. Of course my originals are still up on a shelf with all my other replaced parts.
Steve