• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 Restoration: Fan shroud, Fan, AC compressor

daveS

I have a 302 with AC in my GTCS. I would like to replace the following items:

1. Fan Shroud (larger size for AC..I think it is 24") - stock or NOS
2. Fan - stock or NOS
3. A/C compressor - stock or NOS (I think mine is a Tecumseh)

Any advice on where I can get these items would be appreciated. I would prefer a nice used stock unit or NOS if possible. Or, if you can recommend a good place to buy a good quality reproduction (that actually fits), I will go with that.

Many thanks in advance!

-Dave (leftyguitar66 at hotmail dot com)

Joeymiami

Compressor

I have a after market York Compressor. Bought it new and used it maybe 4 times on short trips. I would consider selling it. LMK

CougarCJ

FYI, The stock fan would be marked C6OE-G and have 7 blades, it does require a fan clutch.

OP
OP
D

daveS

Joeymaimi,
Is it it R12 or R134? You can send me an email at leftyguitar66 at hotmail dot com

Cougar CJ,
Thanks for the tip on the fan. I've been having a bit challenge finding a good quality fan shroud. I bought one a while back (reproduction) and the quality was pretty poor...had to send it back.