• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

For Sale GT/CS on ebay... clone?

sam

If anyone has a serious interest about this vehicle, I'll check it out. To me she looks a little rusty etc, and I don't understand why there are no pics of the car' s underside.
From the description and lack of VIN#, I'm not sure it's the real deal.
Sam

platnumheart666

Last edited:

platnumheart666

Marti

Here is what he has forwared: Why hide the VIN when Marti breaks it down? oh well...
BTW he is a forum member as well and the vehicle is in the Registry.

Attachments

• 12321443_1093896007329388_3624951843537192425_n.jpg
    12321443_1093896007329388_3624951843537192425_n.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 80

johny5

boy it might be too late know

I am hoping this is a ct/cs because it looks like I am bidding on it :)

wish I would have seen this forum before !

vin#8R01C168652

johny5

a little worried

I was worried because it doesn't exactly look like my dads (he bought one new for something like $2800) it was some sort of green with green interior!
it had a interior alittle more like the other one relisted on eBay, but that ones way more $

franklinair

It would be marginal for me: rust bubbles on RR quarter, no P/S, P/B, A/C.
I wonder why the trunk color is different from the body color. A color change in its past?
I wonder why the interior color is different from original. Interior swapped?
I'd want to see a photo of the VIN tag & inner fender stamping to verify its the same car as the Marti Report.
I think I just talked myself out of bidding on this car.
(But I'm an old fuddy-duddy):grin:

Neil

franklinair

The original configuration would have been the Red body color on the inside of the rear fenders.
The trunk drop offs (currently beige) would have been body color (Red).
The black you're referring to: insulation on the trunk floor (not original configuration).
The black on the inside of the rear fenders is sound deadening goop, as applied at the factory.

Neil

johny5

auh what about the white inside the trunk?

btw how much would you pay if you were to buy it?

franklinair

johnny5:

See my edited post re: the beige color.
IF I were to buy it with the lack of options, and the VIN checked out OK, and rust repair/paint work, $8K tops. But that's just me & my requirements.
Body work & paint (which I don't do myself)=$8K cost.

Neil

Attachments

• 026.jpg
    026.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_0293.JPG
    IMG_0293.JPG
    170.9 KB · Views: 27

johny5

do you think deals on gt/cs will come around off and on or is it rare to see them?

johny5

do you think there are maybe better deals from time to time that maybe I shouldn't worry as much about finding one in you're opinion?

franklinair

By all means. Keep your eye on this thread. Periodically, nice ones come up for sale.
Not necessarily cheap, but usually in very good shape and documented.
Why not post a "Wanted" thread here and see if anyone is considering selling.
And don't overlook a HCS (High Country Special). Same car, more rare, just a different sales district.

Neil

Don

do you think there are maybe better deals from time to time that maybe I shouldn't worry as much about finding one in you're opinion?

"Better Deal" is truly based on lots of variables and is defined differently for every buyer/situation.

What exactly are you looking for in a GT/CS?

1. Investment
2. Neat old car to tinker with
3. Restoration Project
4. Daily driver
5. Weekend driver
6. Show Car
7. Occasional Cars n Coffee type show car

The list goes on and on. IMHO you would be way better off spending 20K on a car that is straight and right and has more desirable options than spending 12K on one like the one being discussed here. Just looking at how the door panels were put on should send a bunch of red flags in the air as to quality of workmanship on this car. Although these cars are rare-ish many good examples come up for sale every year.

CougarCJ

"Better Deal" is truly based on lots of variables and is defined differently for every buyer/situation.

What exactly are you looking for in a GT/CS?

1. Investment
2. Neat old car to tinker with
3. Restoration Project
4. Daily driver
5. Weekend driver
6. Show Car
7. Occasional Cars n Coffee type show car

The list goes on and on. IMHO you would be way better off spending 20K on a car that is straight and right and has more desirable options than spending 12K on one like the one being discussed here. Just looking at how the door panels were put on should send a bunch of red flags in the air as to quality of workmanship on this car. Although these cars are rare-ish many good examples come up for sale every year.

Well said.