• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Hello Everyone(New GT/CS owner)!!!

Hello everyone, well I have just registered to this site and I am the new owner of a GT/CS. I bought the car about a week ago with the money I had been saving up since I was young(I am only 15). I have enjoyed classic Mustangs for the past few years and it is nearing time for me to get my license so it was time for me to get a car. I had been shopping around for a Mustang( for the past few months but hadn't found the right one yet. I had originally wanted a 69 or 70 Mach 1 but when I came to the dealer it was another car that caught my eye. Sure enough it was a California Special all the way over here in NC. I went back home and did some researching on the California Specials(I had seen only one other at a Car Show in my life) and went back to the dealer and bought the car(13,000$ not too bad). I kicked my Mom's Escalade out of the garage and now it is just her 2001 GT and my Special sitting in there. It is in pretty good condition , minor things need to be done before I can take it to any shows. It is Red(originally Tahoe Turqoise) with a gold stripe. It has 289 2V in it. Although the paint is not original the standard black interior(all original) is in great condition. I have not registered the car here but plan to do so soon. I just thought I would tell my story and in case I have any questions I have plenty of other GT/CS owners to help me out!!

-=MUSTANG=-

MachOne,

Sounds real good, maybe you can post a few pics of the car, I sure everyone would like to see it. Have fun.

RacingFan

:D Welcome to the crew MachOne! Wow, sounds like you have a good head on your shoulders, 15 years old and a new owner! That's outstanding. Congratulations on your new purchase. I think I can speak for the whole site (especially the older members age wise) that you never forget your first real car. I spent almost 27 years trying to replace the first GT/CS that I bought when I was 17 and stupidly sold because my then girlfriend liked convertible imports. (the things we do for lust...lol...I am still kicking myself for that one...among many others...LOL). I am just up the road in Newport News, VA. Anything you need, let me know. Would love to see some pics of the car as well! Again, welcome!

Dave

68sunlitgold

MachOne,
I agree with Dave, you never forget your first car, and I am very lucky to still own my 68 coupe that I bought when I was 16. It is hard to believe that I have had that car for over 21 years!! :eek:
I would never part with it. I intend to pass it on to my son when he is old enough to understand how to take care of it. He is only 3 and can hardly take care of himself, but in time I hope to have him work on the car with me.
I can speak for others here that the CS bug is a hard one to shake once it is in you blood. You are now the owner of a very collectable car. And I too would love to see pictures of it.
Doug

OP
OP
G

Thnaks , I was planning on posting a couple of pics but my scanner is acting funny. As soon as I get it straightened out I will put it in the gallery and post a couple of pics. 68sunlitgold, good luck with you and your son working on the car when he gets old enough to enjoy it. Thanks for the complients RacingFan & MUSTANG.

x-codegtcs

Sounds like you are really motivated. Glad you picked up a great classic and that your mom is understanding enough to give her car the boot.

I had a 68 Cougar as my first car, sold it before I got married and now just in a position to get back to cars. DON'T sell yours though.

Good luck.