• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

For Sale J Code 1968 GT/CS Project Mustang Gulfstream Aqua

docsimmons

J-Code with matching #s J code block

I got this about 7 years ago with the plan to completely restore it. It has been stored in my garage for 7 years and, I have bought many new and used parts for the restore, to many to list here (tons of parts and Lucas Fog lights.) The J-code motor has been rebuilt. It has a Marti report and the new and old GTCS books to go with it. Clean title currently NON-OPP with DMV

NEW......Although it looks like a Lego set it is near 100% all there. I will include all of my 68 mustang parts (extra motor, rear end, AC parts, and much more....)

For photos please go to my window live account here

cut and paste this with the h t t p : in front of it. Or just PM me or email me for a link to the photos.
//skydrive.live.com/redir.aspxcid=3fcabc6f93fae1b6&page=play&resid=3FC ABC6F93FAE1B6!1286

HPIM0338.JPG
[/url]

IMG_0513.JPG
[/url]

IMG_0509.JPG
[/url]

IMG_0512.JPG
[/url]

Last edited:

franklinair

Jackson, as in MS?, TN?
Looks like a really nice adult erector set, provided floors, frame, cowls are OK. I would guesstimate about $10K to bring it up to the point of painting (another $7K to $8K), for a total of $24K+/- provided one does all the mech/elect work themselves. Not much wiggle room there as far as cost versus market value. :-(

Neil

classicsguy

Gulf stream aqua is a nice looking color!! J-code is also very desirable,right Neil?

clubpro

I'm guessing that the car is located in Jackson, California which is about an hour from Sacramento.

Cheers,

Ron

franklinair

To me, the plus of a 302 is the 4BBL carb & intake over the 289/2BBL setup, and the 3:00 rear gear ratio. This car in question is not particularly well optioned- P/S & tinted glass. No A/C, P/B, console, which are options I like.
When I do a Mustang, I need to keep the cost at a level not to exceed fair market value. That way I have a hobby that pays for itself (not counting any labor- that's the 'hobby' part of what I do.) Truth be known, my enjoyment is in the re-doing of these cars- moreso than driving them!
This GT/CS represents a total re-do, and I'm doubtful it could meet my criteria of keeping within fair marketable value guideline at the asking price + shipping + parts & materials. But that's just me.

Neil

PS: I hate these super wide screen posts. Can't see/read complete screen!!

OP
OP
docsimmons

docsimmons

Jackson, as in MS?, TN?
Looks like a really nice adult erector set, provided floors, frame, cowls are OK. I would guesstimate about $10K to bring it up to the point of painting (another $7K to $8K), for a total of $24K+/- provided one does all the mech/elect work themselves. Not much wiggle room there as far as cost versus market value. :-(

Neil

Sunny CA

admin

Staff member
Administrator
Me to! This forum vBulletin "Version 3.8.4" need to be updated to Version 4.1.5 for better photo management
Or just upload the photos directly to the forums. There are several negatives to "upgrading" to vBulletin 4.x. I'm not a fan of it personally and there are no security issues with 3.8.

classicsguy

If this car was a factory 4 speed....Ill seriously consider selling mine but still a great project!

CougarCJ

Can I guess at your VIN?

Hmm, 54,376th Ford car built. If I were to insert 8R01J1 in front of that ...;-)

OP
OP
docsimmons

docsimmons

Im not woried here, just on CL. The photos are the being hosted and are the same as here. Anyway your correct S.A. ;-)