• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

For Sale 1968 California Special Mustang

highballer

1968 California Special Mustang, dash plate vin reads 8R01C156235, front apron and door tag read the same. Missing-motor, trans, front seats, floor shifter, decklid, tail lights ,tail light panel ,quarter extensions, side scoops, hood, grille, front and rear bumpers, all the glass is in place and good except for windshield, alot of spare parts scattered thru trunk and floor area, very rusty in spots will need a complete restoration. Best I can decode it was a 289, red ,coupe, c-4 auto, low optioned car, its in the registry and I am the person who did that many years ago thru this website- car was bought from Mike Brown in Rockwood Tennessee and I believe thats how it is registered here seems like I faxed a copy of the title to the person who did that on this website, looks like it spent some time up North to me, no title-I had it but missplaced it years ago and did not get it registered locally at that point I did not think about restoring it, I bought it and used all the fiberglass and shelby unique parts to restore my KR convertible that was missing all that, I have a large collection of 67-68 parts so I can help some with the parts that are not Shelby-California Special specific, I have machinery to load car on your float, its a basket case but I thought someone on here might be interested. Call me at 865-898-1054 if you are interested, thanks.

Last edited:

classicsguy

I remember this car when it was advertised on TN Craigslist,it needed a complete restoration.Mike even told me of a resto shop in TN that did great sheet-metal work and were not expensive.If my memory serves well he was asking $2500 for the car but it had the fiberglass parts that the poster of this ad says he took to restore his Shelby. It should be an interesting project

J.Bart

thanks for not sending it to the crusher.
i guess your probably not the first to have a "shelby special".
was it that much cheaper to use it as a donor car than buy the parts?

classicsguy

thanks for not sending it to the crusher.
i guess your probably not the first to have a "shelby special".
was it that much cheaper to use it as a donor car than buy the parts?

Agree with Jbart this GT/CS should be saved!!