• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Low Buy it Now on Ebay

Talan423

Yesterday i was watching a beautiful white GT/CS on ebay that had a very low buy it now price of $6400. I e-mailed the seller because i was curious about the location of the car. i got a "Form" letter back saying the car was in Houston but the seller was in Croatia. There was also a big story about it being his dad's car etc.... with free shipping! The listing seemed a little odd to me because the bidder's I.D. was to be kept private, there was no location of the car and you had to contact the seller before bidding so he could approve you. I looked up this same listing today and it has been removed from ebay, but low and behold there is another one with just about the same oddities, except the car is bright green and the buy it now price is $5000. i have seen this car on ebay a few times in the past year. i noticed there are two bids on this car. has anyone from this site bid?
i see red flags going up on these! anybody else? be very careful!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Ford...Z6236QQitemZ4616236831QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

Tom

68gt390

That listing has been pulled also. There is a lot of scam advertisements going up on ebay lately to say the least. You know what they say - if it sounds to good to be true, it probably is.

Don

Midnight Special

Talan423 said:
Yesterday i was watching a beautiful white GT/CS on ebay that had a very low buy it now price of $6400. I e-mailed the seller because i was curious about the location of the car. i got a "Form" letter back saying the car was in Houston but the seller was in Croatia. There was also a big story about it being his dad's car etc.... with free shipping! The listing seemed a little odd to me because the bidder's I.D. was to be kept private, there was no location of the car and you had to contact the seller before bidding so he could approve you. I looked up this same listing today and it has been removed from ebay, but low and behold there is another one with just about the same oddities, except the car is bright green and the buy it now price is $5000. i have seen this car on ebay a few times in the past year. i noticed there are two bids on this car. has anyone from this site bid?
i see red flags going up on these! anybody else? be very careful!!

I did the same inquiry for a Boss 302 that was too good to be true... Same story only the guy was in England. Do you e-bayers ever get those phony e-mail messages asking you to 'update your records'? ...That's how they steal your account information...

Midnight Special

Talan423 said:
the green one has just been re-listed but with a different seller. the first seller was "dccky", this seller is "xcr4x4". i hope nobody gets taken for a ride by these people.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Ford...Z6236QQitemZ4616265260QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

Tom

...Yeah, upon making contact via non-ebay address, they'll usually tell you the car is yours as soon as you wire them a deposit to 'get the process started'. They're hoping to suck as many people in before the listing gets dropped. They perty much tell everyone who contacts them the same speel & can collect multiple deposits w/ one listing.

It's been going on for some time now...