• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Stripe Kits

Mosesatm

Does anyone know why the price of complete GT/CS stripe kits vary from $59 to $119? Are some better than others?

Perkchiro

Possibly due to the wide variation in price of most restoration products. It's the free enterprize system. I've learned that some suppliers are typically more expensive than others, even though they carry the same branded parts. Keep in mind that reflective stripes are not a stock item. Other that that, I'd shop for the best price.

PFSlim

There is a post on this site that provides the name of the guy to contact. That is where we bought ours from. It is the only way to go. He is recommended in Paul's book and the guy is great to visit with. He know's exactly what the stripe color should be and is very helpful.

Lastly, get this. He will send you the stripes, and then you pay. Who hears of that anymore??

Paul

Joes68

High-Country Bob gave me this guys name and number. I haven't called him yet as I'm a ways away from the stripes yet, but here's the info:
Steve Goehring
Sanger, Ca.
(559) 875-8898 (evenings)

Hope this helps.
Ron

OP
OP
Mosesatm

Mosesatm

Do you think everyone makes their stripes from the same materials or are some better than others? Do all the trunk lid stripes have the same shape or are some of those better than others?

As far as I can tell stripes are stripes, they are all the same, only the price is different. Is that correct?

hicountrybob

As we said, Mosesatm, try Steve at 1-559-875-8898 for $85.00 proper tape and if you are not happy, I WILL buy your kit, so how's that for confidence? end of story. hicountry Bob

OP
OP
Mosesatm

Mosesatm

When I'm ready to order stipes I'll call Steve. I wrote his number down a long time ago and had always planned on calling him.

I just wonder if some of the cheap kits ($59.00) are made from different materials or cut differently than the more expensive kits.

I certainly understand supply and demand but something seems wrong when the prices range from $59 to $119 for what seem to be identical kits. Maybe some are made from cheap Chinese tape instead of 3M tape. I don't know but am just wondering if someone does know. I'd hate so see any of the members of this board purchase a $59 set of stripes off e-bay and have them curl up at the edges.

gt bandit

Stripe Help

HI CREW

does this guy still sell the stripes ??????

Steve Goehring
Sanger, Ca.

If so does anyone have a email address for him ??

thanks

shaun

hicountrybob

HI CREW

does this guy still sell the stripes ??????

Steve Goehring
Sanger, Ca.

If so does anyone have a email address for him ??

thanks

shaun
He's 'da man, and a class act, too ie. he gives you an extra plain section of tape for your scoops if you have a HCS and just recently sent a piece of replacement tape to a friend of mind who ruined a door section piece as he was installing it, NO CHARGE. I just noticed that he is in the "registry" with 2 Cal SP's but he's told me he is OUT of them now. I don't have an email address for him, but you have his right evening phone number in your post today. Go for it. Regards, Bob Teets here.

Redwingrobb

Perfect timing. Getting rust under my vinyl top and going to redo the whole car...Thanks!! Robb