• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Parts List Suggestion

Gioman

Was looking over your parts list and was wondering if it might be possible to add the special color paints for the '66 and '67 HCS.. and maybe their DuPont numbers for replacement. Since these seem very hard to find for paint shops.

Thanks

hicountrybob

Was looking over your parts list and was wondering if it might be possible to add the special color paints for the '66 and '67 HCS.. and maybe their DuPont numbers for replacement. Since these seem very hard to find for paint shops.

Thanks

Gio, good thought. I'll email Paul N. and visit w/ him about this, as I have the paint color codes for the earlier HCS cars, as well as the '67 Ski Country Specials, '67 St. Patrick's Day convs.,'68 Explorer Specials, and the '68 Rocky Mtn Sportman's Special(Broncos, F100 and F250) AND the '68 Winchester Specials(Broncos) plus color (4) of the month(Mustangs). Thank you for your post!!!!!!!!!! HC Bob here. PS, I also do the Ski Country Special Registry(Mustangs).

hicountrybob

Hey Bob: In the Texas Blue Bonnet Special (Lone Star Limited) was it also painted Columbine Blue like the HCS? Was this just a difference in the badging?

found an interesting article on this:

http://www.mustangmonthly.com/featu...dtop_lone_star_limited_restoration/index.html

Gio: boy, from the pictures, this appears to be SOOOOOoooooooo close or even right on the money, colorwise. I only have the Denver Div. special order paint codes. And I really don't know a thing about the Texas cars, other than what I've read in Mustang Monthly over the years. But could I have a copy of your Marti Report, please. Let me know. Bob Teets here.

OP
OP
G

Gioman

Gio: boy, from the pictures, this appears to be SOOOOOoooooooo close or even right on the money, colorwise. I only have the Denver Div. special order paint codes. And I really don't know a thing about the Texas cars, other than what I've read in Mustang Monthly over the years. But could I have a copy of your Marti Report, please. Let me know. Bob Teets here.

I just ordered the Deluxe marti for my car. Probably take a few days for it to be processed since i also ordered an additional data plate for the door. Keepsake and possibly for insurance reasons. I'll for sure see that you get a copy since "your da man" on these HCS's. From what i've read in the forums over the past month I'm very impressed with everyones knowledge and commitment to their cars as well as history, mechanical and friendship in these forums. I can only hope one day to be as knowledgeable about my own car.

Thank you all!
JimG.