• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Custom Autosound radio for my CS

zozobra

Late last year I ordered a USA 6 radio for my CS to replace the fairly old Radio Shack radio then in the car. My car originally came with an AM radio, which I aquired for originality in the future, but I wanted something that looked fairly stock but was an AM/FM. At the same time I bought and installed rear deck speakers and new wiring from the dash to the rear deck speakers. When I installed the radio I found that it did not have particularly good reception so I ordered and installed a new antenna. It turned out the old antenna was not supposed to be able to be taken apart.

The radio worked fairly well but I was not totally thrilled about it becasue the one station I liked to listen to was very difficult to get. Several weeks ago the Custom Autosound folks had a booth at a local car show. I discussed the problem with a representative who said to check a specific setting on the radio and then make sure the antenna was well grounded on the under side of the fender, both of which I did, but to very little gain. When I returned to the show the next day ( I had one of my unmentionable fiberglass cars in the show) he asked for my address and said they would make it right. Last week a new radio arrived at my house. This radio works very well indeed with the exception of the one station that is still weak at times and in certain parts of town. I have gotten confirmation from many others that the particular station is sometimes hard, if not impossible, to receive.

I appreciate the fact that this company went to the lengths they did to make it right. I just feel the need to tell others about my positive experience with Custom Autosound and will buy another radio from them in the future should the need arise.

Perkchiro

I concur. Custom Autosound makes a good product. I've got the same set up in my CS along with a 10 disc CD changer in the trunk. I also used a split voice coil speaker in the dash, a set of 4 inch speakers in the doors and rear deck speakers with a 10 inch subwoofer in the trunk. When you crank it, the whole car vibrates pretty well. I think I need to go back and re-tork all my body and suspension bolts!:smile:

BroadwayBlue

My wife and daughters got me the USA-2 model for Christmas.
It's the new AM-FM version with no cassette or cd changer.
I had pointed this one out to them because I liked that this has the option to plug in an mp3 player or xm radio. I don't plan on using the cassette or cd changer option.

Looking forward to installing it once I get the car back from storage.

I am also considering getting their dash speaker.
It's a speaker that fits where the original dash speaker fits but it's actually 2 speakers. I thought that was a cool option and avoids having to cut up door panels if you want to avoid that.

Glad to hear the company did what they did. I heard some mixed reviews on their products but I like what they offer.

CALIF GIRL

I have had a Costom Autosound radio in my car for many years. I love it. Still works and sounds great.