• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

I know there is no such thing

Timmknz

Attachments

• carssss193-1.jpg
    carssss193-1.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 40

TraveledGTCS

At least for the blue one, they admit it's a clone; whereas for the red one they have no mention of there were no real convertible 68 California Specials made.

Bill

aemoo28

They just want to be like us. What is the saying? Mimicking is flattery?

I got into it with this know-it-all who insisted they made CS verts in 1968. Since I was a girl, he tried to dismiss me UNTIL I whipped out a certain GT/CS guide. Hahahahaaaaaa. Now the owner of a Mustang parts shop has the correct information.

Ask this seller to verify his car with a Marti. I dare you!

Midnight Special

...I always wondered why (for the effort) they didn't clone it as a Shelby vert. As Jeff Speegle pointed out - a GT/CS convertible is not a clone, because there never was one...
Why drive around only to be reminded over & over again by an increasingly informed base that your in nothing more than a restomod?

franklinair

They're both nice looking, but NEVER get a convertible with a black interior- unless you wanta real butt burner when it's been parked in the sun with the top down. Ask me how I know.:eek:

Neil

Mosesatm

...I always wondered why (for the effort) they didn't clone it as a Shelby vert. As Jeff Speegle pointed out - a GT/CS convertible is not a clone, because there never was one...
Why drive around only to be reminded over & over again by an increasingly informed base that your in nothing more than a restomod?

My guess is that the Shelby front end fiberglass has got to be a royal PITA. A cloner needs either good fiberglass skills or a lot of money to hire someone to put it all together.

PonyGal

They're both nice looking, but NEVER get a convertible with a black interior- unless you wanta real butt burner when it's been parked in the sun with the top down. Ask me how I know.:eek:

Neil

Okay Neil...

Tell us how you know (this should be good :wink:).