CaliforniaSpecial.com -- Message Boards -- 1968 California Special Limited Edition Ford Mustang GT/CS
D I S C U S S I O N . F O R U M
COMMUNITY
1968 GT/CS & HCS
2007+ GT/CS
1966-1967 HCS

Vote!

Old 05/08/2009, 08:26 PM   #31
nfrntau
My Car Details

My Garage
Count me in.
Where do I send my photo?

You may make it without friends; but with them, you can do anything.
nfrntau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/08/2009, 08:34 PM   #32
mmarsalone

Me too, I still have all of my calendar photos.

Previously Monkey Golf

MIKE
mmarsalone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/08/2009, 08:56 PM   #33
hookedtrout

Send a message via Yahoo to hookedtrout
My Garage
I have just posted a new post, it is called "You In A Book", please go to this post, I have requsted through Jon that he sticky it. Once you get in this post it gives details on how to get your name on the list and what the plan is going forward.

In a nut shell I need to get the first few chapters, basics of what a GTCS and HCS are and hopefully a chapter from Jon on how this wonderful web site became a web site and grew into what it is today. At that point I will start the member chapters/sections and contact each of you one at a time to do your chapter.

Go to the post "You In A Book" and sign up as directed.

Thanks everyone.

Cory

Cory
hookedtrout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/08/2009, 09:09 PM   #34
hookedtrout

My Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustanglvr View Post
What a great idea!! Count me in.

Will the book violate any copyrights like for Ford or Paul Newitt? Someone should consult an attorney before starting this, just to be sure.
I think we can keep all the boring (to non CS HCS owners) details out of this book and fill it with wonderful pictures of everyone's beautiful mug shots along with some beautiful pictures of your car.

We should be able to say things like Ford made a really cool car back in 1968, in fact they made somewhere around 4000 of them and called them California Special Mustangs and High Country Special Mustangs. They modified the cars a little to give them a unique look to help spruce them up a bit as you will see when you dive into all the wonderful pictures in this book full of member photos. Rumor has it they were trying to boost sales on the wonderful little car they called the Mustang and this was the result. Not having many of them made has certainly made the car they call the California Special and High Country Special rare breeds indeed and those of us that have them surely cherish them.

All those coveted details are emblazoned in our brains so when your wonderful neighbors pick up the book off your coffee table (they really aren't all that interested in the super fine details like us owners) you can fill in all the little gaps as they read and browse the book, making you look like a walking HCS or GTCS encyclopedia. ;)

Anyone see any issues with this approach, any attorneys or attorney's friends out there, I would certainly hope we don't have to retain an attorney for this? If we do then someone needs a timeout.

I would hope that our effort here is very clear in that we are not trying to compete with or even compare with what Paul Newitt is trying to accomplish, comparing what we are doing here with his book would be like comparing my personal life journal with the museum of natural history. If Paul or anyone comes after us or hassles us for this I think they are missing our point entirely which is a californiaspecial.com family photo album of all of us that love these cars and nothing more and I think they would furthermore be damaging their own future not helping it, we all need support not enemies.

We are FAMILY bonded by a car we all love and we just want to share our stories.

Cory

Cory
Old 05/08/2009, 09:34 PM   #35
Doug
My Car Details

We are FAMILY bonded by a car we all love and we just want to share our stories.

Cory[/QUOTE]

As I see we are sharing our kidsí baby pictures Ė as long as the photos shared are ones that you took and did not hire a professional (can you say royalties) I donít see a problem.

But who know what someone with come up with.

66 Shelby GT 350, 55 Chev Nomad my sons 07 Shelby GT#4208. SOLD Candy Apple Red 390GTAuto w/air - Now in Australia.
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/08/2009, 10:08 PM   #36
PonyGal
My Car Details

Life is Simple...eat, sleep, drive a Mustang!

I read through all of the "Terms and Conditions" on the website (zzzzzzzz), and as long as Cory has been granted permission by other members of the site to use their photos and stories there is no problem with copyright laws. We just can't use copyrighted material like the Ford Oval as a single stand alone picture. And like Doug said, any professional photos probably can't be submitted unless you have rights to them.

Renee' - Eat, sleep, drive a Mustang!!!
I am the proud new owner of the 'Stevenson GT/CS'
PonyGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/09/2009, 05:49 AM   #37
hookedtrout

My Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by PonyGal View Post
I read through all of the "Terms and Conditions" on the website (zzzzzzzz), and as long as Cory has been granted permission by other members of the site to use their photos and stories there is no problem with copyright laws. We just can't use copyrighted material like the Ford Oval as a single stand alone picture. And like Doug said, any professional photos probably can't be submitted unless you have rights to them.
OK then, that should cover all the legal jargon, did you get my email Renee on the book cover?

Here is our first and hopefully only condition. By sending me information as described through the You In A Book thread you are in turn giving me your authorization to include you in the book, any and all photographs that are sent to me by you must be legal and proper and I will assume they are so, unless your car has no GT/CS or HCS clothes on at which time I will promptly return them as not proper. ;)

Thanks for your cooperation, now please go sign up so we can get this ball rolling. If we get prompt response in signing up and I get the first couple of introductory chapters done I think this will go very fast.

Cory

Cory
Old 05/09/2009, 06:58 AM   #38
case12

'66 Convert., '00 GT Convert., '36 Ford, '07 Shelby GT-H Convt.

eBay: case12

This is awesome Cory. Thanks for doing this. I really look forward to it. I sent you the email requested. What a cool idea!! Casey

1968 GT/CS on cover and featured article, "Gold Rush", in Mustang Times, February 2006
1966 Convertible featured article, "Sweet '66' ", in Mustang Times, January 2008
case12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/09/2009, 08:34 AM   #39
BroadwayBlue
My Car Details

Send a message via AIM to BroadwayBlue
Quote:
Originally Posted by hookedtrout View Post
... comparing what we are doing here with his book would be like comparing my personal life journal with the museum of natural history...

Cory
Unless you're a dinosaur!!

Rich

1968 Acapulco Blue GT/CS 289 * 1996 Red GT Convertible *
BroadwayBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/09/2009, 08:41 AM   #40
PonyGal
My Car Details

Life is Simple...eat, sleep, drive a Mustang!

Cory,

I sent you an email. I guess I need to get my car all shined up and go take lots of pictures!

Tim, Grab your camera - I need your help There is a great spot not too far away from my daughters house where we could take some awesome pictures!

Renee' - Eat, sleep, drive a Mustang!!!
I am the proud new owner of the 'Stevenson GT/CS'
PonyGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/09/2009, 08:56 AM   #41
hookedtrout

My Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by BroadwayBlue View Post
Unless you're a dinosaur!!
I'm starting to feel more and more like a dinosaur every day that's for sure. All the things my dad used to have to call me to do for him like set his new watch, change the clock in his pickup and fix his computer, I have to call my kids to do now. What's up with that and when exactly did I forget how to do all that?

Cory

Cory
Old 05/09/2009, 08:57 AM   #42
hookedtrout

My Garage
Quote:
Cory,

I sent you an email. I guess I need to get my car all shined up and go take lots of pictures!

Tim, Grab your camera - I need your help There is a great spot not too far away from my daughters house where we could take some awesome pictures!
Thanks Renee and Tim, I do want several of the close up shots as described, I think that will make the best cover shots.

Cory
Old 05/09/2009, 09:01 AM   #43
robert campbell
My Car Details

My Garage
Jon,
We REALLY need your car and how you got involved in the hobby. And we REALLY need you to write something form the heart about how/why you started this site. This site IS the hobby and the genesis of our family. A cannot thank you enough for doing what you did. I have met so many great people!

I am not a long time member, but it is obvious you are a man of few words and stay in the background, under the radar. You have moderated this site awesomely through more than a few "conflicts". Not easy and I commend you for it.

Please join this book and write something! It will not be complete without you. None of this would be possible without you efforts and foresight to create our home

Rob
robert campbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/09/2009, 10:59 AM   #44
CALIF GIRL
My Car Details

Sounds like a great idea. Im in.
CALIF GIRL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/09/2009, 11:15 AM   #45
Midnight Special
My Car Details

Quote:
Cory,

...Don't forget Renee, we have P-51 Mustangs coming to town for more photo ops ;-)

I also can't agree with Rob more re; Jon Hannah! I honestly don't think he realizes the magnitude or impact he has had on the GT/CS/HCS community and in many cases - our lives in general.

I never considered myself a "car guy" before, nor do I today. But with the knowledge, enthusiasm, fellowship, great people and experiences gained from this site (without conditions), I, like many of you find myself getting the most from this significant era in a way better than I could've ever imagined (or adequately express)

Thinking back over the last 4 years..... I just don't see any other way this could've happened. 'Makes you wonder what the future holds...

Tim
Midnight Special is offline   Reply With Quote

CaliforniaSpecial.com Forums > GT/CS and HCS Forums > GT/CS and HCS Discussions