• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 8R01C142543 Spotted - For Sale

RU_SPCL2

8R01C142543 spotted today at the VMOA car show in Campbell, CA with a For Sale sign on it. The car is not in the registry.

Appears to be Wimbledon white with possibly original paint in fair condition. Lucas lights, incorrect pedestals. Body seems in good condition, but I did not see under the hood, trunk or undercarriage. It was driven in, so clearly a running vehicle.

Ask on the sign is $20K. I did not speak to the owner, so have no idea what the car's history is, but I have posted a photo with the contact info in case someone here is interested in it.

Attachments

• IMG_0800[1].jpg
    IMG_0800[1].jpg
    97 KB · Views: 107
  • IMG_0799[1].jpg
    IMG_0799[1].jpg
    115.4 KB · Views: 101
  • IMG_0793[1].jpg
    IMG_0793[1].jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 95

Mosesatm

Here's the Marti

Attachments

• 8R01C142543.pdf
    28.8 KB · Views: 115

mbsf1970

Wow! This one has a lot in common with Doug! Both similarly equipped although this one had black stripes and a remote mirror. aside from that, identical extras.
Both were scheduled to be built feb 15th but both got pushed to Feb 20th. cool!
Stephen

clubpro

This car was owned since new by the Nells. I met Louise Nell in 2008 just a couple of blocks from my house. She was waiting to get her hair done and I happen to see her car parked out side of the salon. I popped my head inside the salon and asked if that Mustang outside was hers and she said yes. She told me that one Saturday in 1968 her husband was reading the newspaper and he got up and said that he would be back in a little while. Louise looked at the newspaper after he left and saw the ad for the new 68 Mustang California Special. He went down to the Ford dealer and purchased this car and brought it home. Her husband passed away after they had moved from Southern Cal to Folsom Cal. Louise drove the car until she couldn't drive any more. I had lost track of Louise and the car and always wondered what happened to it. She had told me that she had no heirs. The car was well taken care of and she was very proud to drive it every day. When I met her she said that she had been offered $8,000 and turned it down. She said that she called her insurance agent and increased the value to $8K and when I told her that it was worth twice that she about fell over. She said that she would call her agent again and increase it to $15K. Happy to see that it is still on the road. Sure wish that I could buy it.

Cheers,

Ron

Edward Bodoh

Thanks for the story Ron. Hopefully someday you will once again have a cs or hcs. I too lost track of your car. Someone close to my neighborhood bought your car and tried to flip it soon after. That's the last i heard of it.

Ed.

prototypefan

We brought this car home to Calgary.

It is indeed original paint and I swear had never been cleaned. 300 hrs and counting into detailing. The seller felt it needed a restoration and I'm a preservationist to the core.

The car presented as a 9 dressed up as a 3...….rather than most cars that are truly 3's but have had corrosion/damage repairs, non original drivetrains, etc and present as 9's with all the work put into them.

It's an absolute pleasure to work on cars like this where bolts never break and everything you touch shows your efforts.

Our confidence in this car prompted the sale of our almost identical J code car.

Daaaaayum these are great cars!

OP
OP
RU_SPCL2

RU_SPCL2

My work is done here. ;-) Congrats on giving this one a new home and some much needed TLC!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk