• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Color Question (Ivy Gold)

cnassif

I am about to purchase a 68 GT/CS and the interior is in wholesale need of replacement. The Marti Report has the interior listed as Ivy Gold. However, when I check in some parts catalogs I see two-tone Ivy Gold, others have Ivy Gold, and some have Lt Ivy Gold and Dark Ivy Gold. Can someone explain to me which I should get?

By the way, is there an interior kit (seats, panels, carpet, and headliner) that anyone would recommend or should I buy it all separately from better vendors?

somethingspecial

I have a Highland Green GT/CS with Ivy Gold int. The metal part of the dash, metal part of the door panels, rear seat quarter panels and the steering columb should be light Ivy Gold. All Ivy gold interiors I have seen had dark green (Dark moss green) carpet with a dark green dash pad. (dash pad not available in Dark green yet)
The seats are light ivy gold bolsters with Kiwi inserts. Door panels are medium green. I purchased my interior kit from Johns Mustang in Houston, TX. 713-668-5646. The kit had a light ivy gold carpet, but Johns promply replaced it with a dark green carpet. The kit also comes with a headliner. Great people to deal with. I have also used Mustangs Plus, NPD, and Mustangs Unlimited with excellent results and they all have the same interior kits, usually under $500.00. Hope this helps. Mike

OP
OP
C

cnassif

Sounds good Mike, just what I needed. Mine was / will be Highland Green too. Thanks for the tips.

So if my dash pad is ruined it sounds like I have to find an old one, right?

Mosesatm

Sounds good Mike, just what I needed. Mine was / will be Highland Green too. Thanks for the tips.

So if my dash pad is ruined it sounds like I have to find an old one, right?

Or dye a new one.

somethingspecial

The dash pad I used is more of an olive color. I tried dying it but I didn't use vinyl prep first and the color literally fell off when I picked up the pad to install. OOOOPS. So I just left it olive. Looks Good Mike

rvrtrash

When I dyed my dash pad (I wanted to use original parts as much as possible but it was discolored) I washed it in the tub in hot water with liquid dish soap, let it dry completely, warmed the surface slightly with a heat gun and sprayed several thin coats. It's held up for about 3 years now.

Steve

clubpro

Mike,

I am very disappointed that you didn't refer Christian to this websites #1 parts source.

Remember anyone from this site can order parts at cost + 10% which saves you alot. All you have to do is email me with the list of parts and I will send you the cost. Unless you are ordering the caps and tee shirts do not order any part from my website because you will pay retail.

Thanks to those members that have already placed orders!

Cheers,

Ron

somethingspecial

I Do Apologize

Sorry Ron, I forgot about your site. I have not purchased any parts since you started up. It won't happen again. :-( Mike (scurrying away in shame with my great looking anniversary hat by R&R Classics down over my face).

franklinair

I ordered my new trunk mat from Ron (heavier, rubber type) - good product, fit well, good price.

Neil

clubpro

Thanks Neil,

Next time email me first and you will get an even better price. What size tee shirt do you wear?

Cheers,

Ron