CaliforniaSpecial.com -- Message Boards -- 1968 California Special Limited Edition Ford Mustang GT/CS
D I S C U S S I O N . F O R U M
COMMUNITY
1968 GT/CS & HCS
2007+ GT/CS
1966-1967 HCS

Vote!

Old 06/30/2005, 08:32 AM   #1
Joes68

Mustangs in the park

I went to the mustangs in the park car show in the San Fernando valley this past Sunday. It was hosted by the Mustang Owners Club of California (MOCC). Had some great cars out there. There was one other GT/CS there (nice car Bruce!). I entered mine in the judging with no expectations since it needs a lot of work still, but thought it would be cool to have GT/CS there. No awards (which was no suprise), but those that know what a GT/CS is had some nice comments. Can't wait until next year when I'll have more completed on the car.
Here's to getting the GT/CS more exposure!!
Ron
Joes68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/30/2005, 07:17 PM   #2
68gt390
My Car Details

The car that became a diecast

Re:Mustangs in the park

Ron;
That's what it's all about - exposure. Sometimes I'll go to a show and not even register just to show the car and hear peoples reactions when they see her. Here in Ohio, not many folks have ever seen a GT/CS and are just amazed when looking at the car. I'm finishing up the detailing of the rearend on her at the moment. Hope to have it done by Saturday. I've even had folks comment that they'd be afraid to drive a car that looks that good for fear it would get wrecked. To me that's the most fun - seeing the reactions you get when driving down the road. You'll get there, it just takes a little time and elbow grease. Good luck with your car and keep driving it.

Don ;)
68gt390 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/30/2005, 08:46 PM   #3
Joes68

Re:Mustangs in the park

Thanks Don,
The elbows are already getting in shape. Today was fog light, grill, hood locks, and hood latch clean-up day. Amazing what a little elbow grease will do for some old tired parts. I'm looking forward to getting the looks when she's all done.
Ron
Joes68 is offline   Reply With Quote

CaliforniaSpecial.com Forums > GT/CS and HCS Forums > GT/CS and HCS Discussions