• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 Help a sister out please, car fire

hcsmustangs

Donna I did email you but since I have an AOL email address it may be in your junk mail. I am getting some pedestals built so it should be a number of weeks and they will make it through the shop. Apologies that you missed my reply.

Willis

OP
OP
Diesel Donna

Diesel Donna

Hi Willis,
Sorry it took me so long to reply. It appears that Neil has me covered on this.
Thank you!

Donna

hcsmustangs

No worries - I'm glad you got what you need to get your car back together after such an ordeal.

I should have some pedestals and all associated mounting parts available in a week or so and am still working on getting correct 66 and 67 HCS badges reproduced. The badges seem like an easy reproduction but to get them to look correct without spending multiple thousands on tooling is proving to be somewhat of a long road but I'll get there. Thanks for your patience.

Willis

franklinair

Donna- pedestals, hardware, instructions UPS'd. You should receive tomorrow, 12-30-16.

Neil

hcsstang

At one time you could remember the vin without any help but that been a while back so can you still do it ? That was before the car accident.

dr1v3n

im excited to see what the car looks like now. :) this post gets me nervous about the gypsy wiring which is potentially in my car from the previous owner.

OP
OP
Diesel Donna

Diesel Donna

Well hello everyone. Been a very long time. After THREE YEARS AND THREE MONTHS I have finally brought my Mustang home. I only have to take her back sometime in July to the Mustang shop for a couple of days for final details...those are the good guys at Mustang Country International.
The shop that held me up and I do mean HELD ME UP, ransom style, was Fix Auto Body and Paint shop in Paramount, CA. Never never go there! The paint color and application was beautiful but the communication from them was absolutely horrible. I can't even begin to explain the trouble I had with them about EVERYTHING.
The car is as good as it is gonna get from that shop. I was lied to and constantly put off by the manager who finally was fired but never told me he was gone.I found out on my own and then the owner was just about as bad.
I was sick to my stomach to have my car there and am SO relieved to have her back.

I want to give a huge thanks to all my friends on this site who offered advice and parts to help me along. I'll try and post pictures as soon as I dig her back out of the garage and can get interior images as well.

I hope to get back out there to a few car shows soon!