• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 California Special Registry

somethingspecial

After much internal debate, It is with much regret to announce my retirement from the 1968 California Special Mustang Registry. I have spoken with both Arlie Moses, aka Mosesatm, and Marty Rupp, aka Ruppstang, who is the High Country Mustang Registrar about my decision to retire. I will forward all my records to Arlie, who will be the interim Registrar until a new Registrar can be named. My retirement is effective immediately.

Being part of this group has without a doubt been a great part of my life and I have no intention to remove myself from the site. I will check in from time to time, but life for me makes it impossible to properly maintain the Registry, which in my opinion is unfair to the GT/CS owners.

My best to all of you and may all your GT/CS and HCS experiences be happy memories.

Sincerely Mike Jewell

Ruppstang

Thanks Mike for all that you have done to make our corner of the hobby better!
Marty

robert campbell

Mike,
I hope all is well with you and best wishes. I am grateful to meet you in person and you are one of the great guys in our hobby!

Rob

mbsf1970

Mike,
Thank you for your work in keeping the registry alive and up to date. It is a great resource for us owners.
Stay well,
Stephen

Mosesatm

I also greatly appreciate Mike's efforts. As registrar he put up with a lot more than he'll probably ever tell, and he certainly handled it with grace and restraint. Must be all that police training!!

Last edited:

miller511

Mike,

Thank you for your California Special Registry service. Hope all is well.

-Jeff

Powell

Mike,
Thank you for all that you have done for us with the registry. I hope everyone out there appreciates what you have had to put up with to keep it going. I'm glad to see that you are passing it on to very competent members to carry on.

robert campbell

I also greatly appreciate Mike's efforts. He put up with a lot more than he'll probably ever tell, and he certainly handled it with grace and restraint. Must be all that police training!!

+1 Arlie! Mike put up with a lot of stuff he will never tell us about.

Rob

admin

Staff member
Administrator
I'll just echo everyone else's comments about how great a job Mike did. Thank you Mike so much for the time you put into being Registrar and the hobby in general. We all very much appreciate it!

1968Cally

Thanks for having taken care of this special aspect of our "special" cars!

68Jcode

i Just got my California Special and just found this site, just want to thank you and anyone thats a part of this site.
Thank You

68Jcode

its a T-code( candy apple red ) J-code (302)-Auto, complete except for the Trunk Lid and extensions. Just selling off my other cars to get started on CS lol

68CaliSp

Mike, thank you for all your time and energy in being our registrar. You have done a monumental job especially with all the past fallout.