• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Wanted Lower console assembly

68sunlitgold

You can also modify a 67 to a 68. Here is a comparison of what needs to be changed.

Doug

Attachments

• 67-68 modifications.JPG
    67-68 modifications.JPG
    30.9 KB · Views: 42
  • console top piecesa.JPG
    console top piecesa.JPG
    42.1 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:

68sunlitgold

What I started with and here is the repaired console with the pads.

Doug

Attachments

• i-1.jpg
    i-1.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 42
  • fixed console 5.jpg
    fixed console 5.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 46
OP
OP
franklinair

franklinair

Next time I come to Alexandria to visit my daughter & grandkids we'll have to get together.

Neil

gt/csj4

I know - like 10 bills...I wonder how many they sell a year.

I actually asked that very question last time I ordered, if they were 'flying off the shelves'. The reply?
Three, in the past TWO years! (California mind you, not sure about the other regions)

The gentleman informed me it's not a stock shelf part ,but, that the company that repop's them actually takes the order, and then makes them; per customer specification(s), which can take up to 3-4 weeks to arrive at your door step... plus the oversized ship cost. :undecided
Guess those SOB's are really 'flying off the shelves!' haha

Last edited:

di81977

I actually asked that very question last time I ordered, if they were 'flying off the shelves'. The reply?
3 in the past two years. (California mind you, not sure about the other regions) The gentleman informed me it's not a stock shelf part, but that the company that repop's them actually takes the order, and then makes them which can take up to 3 weeks to arrive at your door step, plus the oversized ship cost.
Guess those SOB's are really flying off the shelves haha

I read somewhere that the tooling costs were in excess of $150,000. Probably one of the reasons the 68's aren't being reproduced. One year only parts can be expensive!

Not having good luck with my contacts (Jim B) in Colorado. Lots of parts, but pretty much useless - no bases, just pads and they aren't in very good condition. Most of his stuff was Cougar specific (ashtry's, pads without seat belt inserts, radio pads with clock cut outs).

Sorry Neil.

David

x-codegtcs

Holy Snykie - they will be paying that tooling off for a very long time!!! They sure were anxious to get that tooling made.

di81977

Neil,

No base, but here is what I have found for you.

David

Attachments

• console1.jpg
    console1.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 42
  • console2.jpg
    console2.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 38
OP
OP
franklinair

franklinair

Excellent. I have acquired the console shifter mechanism. PM me with cost, shipping, etc.

Neil

x-codegtcs

Neil - I was supposed to go see the console tomorrow and the guy called and said he had an emergency, but promised Monday or Tuesday...sorry for the delay.

OP
OP
franklinair

franklinair

No problem.
I'd like to accumulate as many pieces as I can. Eventually I'll be able to build a complete console, and hopefully be able to help others that may need parts.

Neil

x-codegtcs

Neil - He brought the console by today. It is an A/C console. Below is a link to the photos. I am pretty picky (you couldn't tell from the cars) - so things that I see that are wrong:

1) Top "Cross Bar" of chrome plate was removed...looks original though as it was chromed on cuts - 8 track???
2) Light lens on back needs replacing
3) Front pad had some light cutting done to it
4) screws to hold wiring in place missing
5) Compartment back panel was glued in and then subsequently broke - also has crack in back panel
6) aluminum sticker on shift indicators is wrinkled/dinged
7) base was originally black painted blue
8) Ash tray and rear mounting plate missing

Here is a link to the photos I took:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ti1e4lufx5n4um1/EyGdLCItJt?m

Other than that, the vinyl and base look like they are in really good condition. Let me know if you want it and I will get with him.

Bryce

68sunlitgold

Looks like a very nice, very fixable console, only concern would be how much was cut out of the Front Pad. Noticed it also includes the gear indicator panel which can be an expensive find (one just went for $102 alone on ehay). Just my 2 cents.

Mosesatm

Is this a console wiring harness?

Attachments

• Unknown Wiring Harness.jpg
    Unknown Wiring Harness.jpg
    175.6 KB · Views: 30