• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 Marti report question

classicsguy

Can a Kevin Marti say how many GT/CS were made in a specific color or the report would say how many 1968 Mustangs were made in that color?
Thanks

Midnight Special

...The report only addresses how many '68s (all variations) on the individual cars requested and does not list paint codes for GT/CS optioned cars separately. Kevin Marti may well know how many GT/CS cars were of each color and that research would likely be featured in Newitt's book...

CougarCJ

Kevin Marti does take requests for questions like that. Charges by the hour, it is on his website.

dalorzo_f

You can get a statistical report on "how many" of pretty much any combination of options... runs $80.

There is a form you fill in to pick year, body style, engine, options, etc, etc takes them abot a month or two... I got a couple for my non CS/GT '68 390's...

CougarCJ

...Thanks "dalorzo f" and "CougarCJ". I had forgot about Marti's additional services.
Rob, does the "elite" give a more detailed breakdown (per option) over the "deluxe"?

STAT-1.jpg

Elite example of detailed breakdown.

Got this from the Marti website

In order to process your order to your satisfaction, we require the following form to be completely filled out. Only one question is permitted per form. If you are interested in more than one statistic, you must fill out multiple copies of this form. Please also note that the statistics are copyrighted. See below for copyright statement. Cost is $80.00 PER HOUR.

Directions: Choose all that apply to your question. For example, if you wanted to know how many 1967 Mustang Fastbacks were painted Brittany Blue with Standard Blue interiors and Air Conditioning, you would select '1967', 'Mustang', 'Fastback', and 'Air Conditioner'. In addition, you would write in 'Brittany Blue' in the paint section and 'Standard Blue Bucket Seats' in the trim section. If you wanted to know how many 1969 Mach I Mustangs had 428CJ engines and 3.91 rear ends, you would select '1969' and 'Mustang', 'Mach I'. You would write in '428CJ' in the engine section and '3.91 rear end' in a blank space in the option section. Only select or fill in those items you want factored into the statistic.

rvrtrash

I can only wish that my Elite Marti Report listed that many items. It seems he'll go as deep as he has to to get to a "one of one" car, but won't give more than he has to.

Attachments

• IMG_0002a.jpg
    IMG_0002a.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 53

Ruppstang

I can only wish that my Elite Marti Report listed that many items. It seems he'll go as deep as he has to to get to a "one of one" car, but won't give more than he has to.

That is actually a good thing. Much less common than a one of one based on a unusual option. Marty

dalorzo_f

Elite is not a statistical report, it is designed to drill to as few an "x of y" result as they can find.

A nice feel-good result to show how "special" a lime gold, blue interior, 6 clylinder, power brake car is ... (I hope no one bought one, but they could tell you!)

They will adjust options to drill down to as "unique" a combination as they can make.

But it has not a lot to do with "how many" of a basic subset of options like color vs. Cal Specials, as was the initial query.

robert campbell

Elite is not a statistical report, it is designed to drill to as few an "x of y" result as they can find.

A nice feel-good result to show how "special" a lime gold, blue interior, 6 clylinder, power brake car is ... (I hope no one bought one, but they could tell you!)

They will adjust options to drill down to as "unique" a combination as they can make.

But it has not a lot to do with "how many" of a basic subset of options like color vs. Cal Specials, as was the initial query.

I agree. Funny how people will get these "one of one" drill downs and think they have a gold mine of somekind! I think my GNS is a one of one due to the rear window defroster.... Whoopeee. Kinda like a six shooter GT/CS with a GT option. Rare, but it will not raise its value that much.

Not that there is anything wrong with a 6 cyclinder engine in a GT/CS!!!! Just that the 428 CJ option brings a ton of value!!

Rob

Midnight Special

...All I can say is we CS owners are fortunate to have the Marti connection to simply verify (what otherwise can't be decoded by VIN#) that we have the real deal! Everything else is like any other car. Tons of options available to have made any of them unique back in the day...

aemoo28

I know exactly how many (puke) Pebble Beige GT/CS cars were made in 1968.

Guess how many are left (mine)? But does anyone care except me? Prob not.

J.Bart

i think a person can get a better evaluation, with the individual questions.
ie: how many cal spec had a particular option.
the personalized production stats tells you how unique your car is.
but another car could be identical except for the type of tire it came with.

OP
OP
C

classicsguy

I know exactly how many (puke) Pebble Beige GT/CS cars were made in 1968.

Guess how many are left (mine)? But does anyone care except me? Prob not.

I would like to know how many Pebble Beige GT/CS were made Amy..that was the question I wanted to get answered by Marti.

Mosesatm

I ordered the 1968 GT/CS & HCS production numbers broken down by exterior color from Marti 6 months ago. Still haven't received it.