• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Marti report question

Doug

Marti report – I have a deluxe report and where it says order type it shows BASIC OFF-STANDARD EQUIPMENT. Does anybody know what this means?

Mosesatm

Casey's description makes the most sense to me.

Russ had responded to the definitions in another thread some time ago. Search on "Order Type". You have it right -

Basic - FORD creates vanilla mustangs hoping to sell them
Stock - Dealer ordered mustangs
Retail - Customer ordered mustangs

Kevin mentioned on another web site that there were 20 different order types. A couple others I know of are:

Fleet - Ordered for fleet use
Promotional - I guess the name speaks for itself

and...

Basic Off-Standard Equipment - Vanilla mustang made by FORD hoping to sell, but with a variation (an example variation mentioned was a large batch of 289's, but one with a 390 would be basic off-standard equipment). I am intrigued by what would trigger off-standard equipment.
I would also be interested if anyone else has something different in their "Order Type" on the deluxe or elite report, or if anyone knows the 20 different types.

Casey

OP
OP
Doug

Doug

Casey's description makes the most sense to me.

Russ had responded to the definitions in another thread some time ago. Search on "Order Type". You have it right -

Basic - FORD creates vanilla mustangs hoping to sell them
Stock - Dealer ordered mustangs
Retail - Customer ordered mustangs

Kevin mentioned on another web site that there were 20 different order types. A couple others I know of are:

Fleet - Ordered for fleet use
Promotional - I guess the name speaks for itself

and...

Basic Off-Standard Equipment - Vanilla mustang made by FORD hoping to sell, but with a variation (an example variation mentioned was a large batch of 289's, but one with a 390 would be basic off-standard equipment). I am intrigued by what would trigger off-standard equipment.
I would also be interested if anyone else has something different in their "Order Type" on the deluxe or elite report, or if anyone knows the 20 different types.

Casey

My car was built on July 18th and was sent to Texas - it is a 390 4bbl with automation. I wonder since is was the ending of building 68 Mustangs the 390 GTCS was what made it different. Who knows.