• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Autolite Sta-Ful Battery

6t8-390gt

In an earlier post I mentioned that I was having trouble finding the Group 24 battery. I contacted Antique Auto Battery and found out that they are producing both the lead acid battery ($130) and the maintenance free ($230). They can be reached at 800-426-7580 M-F 8-3 EST.

I am still hearing that New Castle Battery is out of business.

twoclassics

I contacted NPD about a Maintenance free dated battery that they advertise and they said they are not carrying it anymore due to many problems with it, I wonder if the same outfit makes all of them, if so they all can be bad

390cs68rcode

I am one of the lucky few who have 4 of the New Castle batteries. One has stopped working and I am waiting for the rest of they to crap out. I would think if you call the Antique battery place and asked them if the batteries they carry are from New Castle or not they would tell you.

OP
OP
6t8-390gt

6t8-390gt

When I called and ordered my battery from Antique Auto Battery the reply I received was, " we will be making lead acid on Wednesday or Thursday next week".

The Maintenance Free has a 3 week back up.

Also you will notice that this Maintenance Free battery is a little more expensive than the one offered by NPD and others.

I am certain Antique Auto Battery is not affiliated w/ New Castle. Also Antique Auto Battery will be at Fall Carlisle for those attending.

twoclassics

Let us know how that battery works out, I have bookmarked their page months ago, was going to buy one and then this NPD thing so I was unsure thanks Chuck