• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

2006 Calendar - Winners selected

admin

Staff member
Administrator
OK, the voting is now open for the 2006 Calendar. ;D

Please choose your favorite 13. To vote go here:
http://www.surveyshare.com/survey/take/?sid=28902

Sorry it asks for your email address. Use a fake one if you're concerned about it. Honestly I can't tell you why they require it. Unfortunately the voting is too complicated to use a poll here on the forums, so I have to use a 3rd party web site.

The photos are all great this year, so to help you chose I've set up this page with larger photos:
http://californiaspecial.com/calendar2006.htm

Voting ends Oct 13th.

Thanks to everyone who submitted their photos and GOOD LUCK! :)

Jayscal

Re:VOTE NOW - 2006 Calendar

Hey Jon...
How about making this a sticky topic, to keep it at the top.

luisa2552

Beautiful bunch of cars- and of course the Highland Green has the most votes so far!

Sara

Mosesatm

[quote author=luisa2552 link=board=1;threadid=2184;start=0#msg14965 date=1128402435]
Beautiful bunch of cars- and of course the Highland Green has the most votes so far!

Sara
[/quote]

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

davidathans

When i voted only 9 others had voted and my car only had two votes it was 17th out of 20...nobody likes a really fast, racing California Special? Isnt it a good shot, i've got the slicks on the back, Red calipers showin through chrome rims and a racing number and its at the track. ???

Mosesatm

David, for me the biggest issue is the fact that there are 2 different types of wheels on the car. I thought it was a great action shot and I clicked on it first but I couldn't get past the wheel mis-match.

68gt390

What's up with several folks only voting for 1 or 2 cars. I thought the thread said to vote for 13 cars?

Don ::)

OP
OP
admin

admin

Staff member
Administrator

Those who voted for only a couple cars or those who didn't enter real usernames will have their votes tossed out. ::)

C'mon guys. This isn't Florida. ;)

If anyone had problems voting or think they made a mistake by not selecting enough cars please email me and we'll get it straightened out.

PFSlim

[quote author=davidathans link=board=1;threadid=2184;start=0#msg14969 date=1128410824]
When i voted only 9 others had voted and my car only had two votes it was 17th out of 20...nobody likes a really fast, racing California Special? Isnt it a good shot, i've got the slicks on the back, Red calipers showin through chrome rims and a racing number and its at the track. ???
[/quote]

David

I would have loved to seen your car just coming off the line, tire smoke, front end in the air, killing them at the track.

Paul

hookedtrout

[quote author=davidathans link=board=1;threadid=2184;start=0#msg14969 date=1128410824]
[/quote]

The billboard in the background was the distraction for me, took to much away from the car. You need a picture of the car that draws your attention to the car not a bright huge billboard in the background drawing your attention away.

Cory

davidathans

Thank you Paul...someone gets it...Distraction, mismatched wheels? comeon MEN...mismatched wheels what a joke...I have Slicks on the car! give me a break...i can see the stuff in the background causing a distraction but this is a real life action shot of a California Special that has 400 horsepower and can kick the pants off of most other mustangs...I thought it would be much different than everyone elses pictures, which it is...and for that reason and because its a bitchin car, it should make the calendar this year...but because some people dont like the fact that i have slicks on the back of the car, it wont.

Paul i wish i woulda had that picture to submit to the calendar :)

Mosesatm

David you asked for us to explain our votes, which a few of us did in good faith. Personally, I didn't want to respond but I assumed you really wanted our honest feedback. Apparently most of us do not seem to be big fans of the NHRA look and bashing us for that and for explaining our votes seems a bit uncalled for.

rvrtrash

I wasn't going to reply either but here I am anyway. Use this as a learning tool. I have the fewest votes of anyone and I'm not sweating it. I just know that I have to take a better picture next year is all. Don't take it personally.
Steve

case12

David, your car is sweet. I appreciate what you have done to it. Not every car is concourse or set in front of a beautiful mountain or lake. And what you have done is also in good taste, keeping the car a good looking CS.

Like Paul said, take a picture of tires burning off the line next time. I think all of us can appreciate that (who doesnt like burning rubber and smoke?). ...and if it is spanking a camaro or mopar, even better!! Casey

PFSlim

After the car show in the town we grew up in, the city police held a burn out for cars leaving the show. Not a competition, just welcome to burn out as you left. Our car lit it up for a full city block putting out alot of smoke.

Sure wish I would have had a picture of that, plus I think it would have made a cool picture!!!! ;D ;D

Paul

68gt390

[quote author=davidathans link=board=1;threadid=2184;start=0#msg14980 date=1128482333]
Thank you Paul...someone gets it...Distraction, mismatched wheels? comeon MEN...mismatched wheels what a joke...I have Slicks on the car! give me a break...i can see the stuff in the background causing a distraction but this is a real life action shot of a California Special that has 400 horsepower and can kick the pants off of most other mustangs...I thought it would be much different than everyone elses pictures, which it is...and for that reason and because its a bitchin car, it should make the calendar this year...but because some people dont like the fact that i have slicks on the back of the car, it wont.

[/quote]

It's not because you have slicks on the back of the car! It's because you have way too many distractions going on in the background. Are you selling an advertisement for Torque Converters or an FM rock station. Just my thoughts on it.

Don

joedls

[quote author=davidathans link=board=1;threadid=2184;start=0#msg14980 date=1128482333]

[/quote]

David,

I, for one, voted for your car. It falls in line with my personal taste for performance vehicles. I do believe, though, that berating other members for their personal tastes is really unproductive. It probably won't get you the results you so badly crave.

If these exchanges had occured prior to my vote, I don't think I would have voted for your car. I'm not trying to put you down. Just trying to give you someone else's perception.

On a better note, keep kickin' ass with that 400 HP GT/CS ;D ;D ;D

Joe

TheBlkPearl

David,

I am not doing very well in the voting either. I know how "Special" my car is so I am going to take my picture and make my own calendar!! LOL

The Pearl