• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Tip: Cleaning rubber off quarter panel

PFSlim

Since my car was restored in Feb 05, my car has been in it's fair share of small "burnout" competitions. Last year, my rear quarter panel was a mess after a burnout that also wasted one tire. This year, with a little restraint, only a small amount of rubber was left on the rear quarter.

Now, I know most of you good folks do not do this. But if you ever do, my painter recommended a PPG product called DX330 - Wax and Grease Remover. I thought it might be worth mentioning since the stuff really works and does not effect the paint in any way. I do not know if it is okay for use on original or old paint jobs.

Paul

somethingspecial

Hmmmmmmmmm

Last August, I had someone leave some rubber coming out of my driveway, I just can't remember who. Any ideas Joe?!?!?!?! Mike

joedls

somethingspecial said:
Last August, I had someone leave some rubber coming out of my driveway, I just can't remember who. Any ideas Joe?!?!?!?! Mike

Musta been one of those big blocks.

Midnight Special

joedls said:
Musta been one of those big blocks.

...'Wasn't mine... 'Don't think it was Mike's. Who ever did it was gone by the time the smoke cleared! 'Seems that kinda' "strip" could've only be laid by one of these!

Attachments

• IM003336.JPG
    IM003336.JPG
    109.5 KB · Views: 29

somethingspecial

I never saw the car leave through the smoke screen, bit it sure sounded like a Holley Supercharged 302!!!!!!

P

PNewitt

Hey, Paul,

Does PPG make a rubber, dirt, and small flying rock remover for one's face and upper body--from supercharged GT/CSs that launch from 50 feet away?

Just wondering.

(if you had over 50 people watch you leave a GT/CS gathering, how far down would YOUR foot be on the gas pedal?) EEEEERRRRTTTTT!!!!!

Paul N. :p

joedls

I didn't do it, I tell ya, I didn't do it. Musta been someone else. I don't even think I was there.

davidathans

after the burnouts i do with the slicks on the car at the track...the rubber gets caked on real thick...sometimes i just leave it there and now its permanent...maybe i'll try that product PFSlim thanks

P

PNewitt

joedls said:
I didn't do it, I tell ya, I didn't do it. Musta been someone else. I don't even think I was there.

Evidence that you were there, Joe:

.....little chunks of Hondas, Scions and Toyotas, from being sucked up and spit out by your "Windsor Vacuum Cleaner".

<<still picking bits 'o rubber outta my nose>>

..tanks a lot.

Diesel Donna

joedls said:

Nuh~uh!!! I'm here to testify!! :grin:

68gt390

Let's see - burnouts. Not that I'd ever do something like that but, inside my cleaning kit for the car I carry a spray can of WD40. I've heard that it works really well if you coat your lower quarter with it just prior to doing anything like that. I use it on my door hinges.

Don :lipsseal:

GTCSMustang

Here I am burning up some original Polyglas E-70/15's at the track. OK, maybe not. Maybe I'm just off work today and bored.

Attachments

• DSC00428.JPG
    DSC00428.JPG
    59.9 KB · Views: 28

Midnight Special

GTCSMustang said:
Here I am burning up some original Polyglas E-70/15's at the track. OK, maybe not. Maybe I'm just off work today and bored.

Hmm... I don't know Scott, 'Looks more like a ruptured brake line streaming
onto hot exhaust pipes to me... ;-)

390cs68rcode

GTCSMustang said:

if so that would be about $200 worth of smoke. :wink: