• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

2007+ For Late Model CS owner's Eyes ONLY..

P

PNewitt

HEY! You early model owners, stay out! This is just for the late model people.... (LOL--kidding...).

I wanted to treat the late model GT/CS owners to a little treat. This is a (partial) photo of one of the test cars on a car carrier at the Ford plant in Dearborn. This prototype includes chrome headlight pieces, black louvers, hood scopp, GT top stripes, and a Ford Racing logo on the fender.

This is the direction of new excitement that the Mustang variant folks at Ford are going....lots of new things to look forward to: Custom parts, mods, etc...!! The folks in the Mustang variant dept.,are really dedicated to make the GT/CS everything that you've hoped for.

A couple of other things: We found a part of the VIN code that identifies GT/CS-Only (fake identifier); and I'll have a list of all the parts that make up a GT/CS (add/delete) on a GT coupe. This is just the tip of the iceberg.

I can't say much more right now, but I wanted to show the late model folks that I'm VERY serious and dedicated to the heritage of this very cool Mustang--by posting this preview photo!!

More excitement is coming!! Stay tuned!!!

Paul Newitt.

Attachments

• 2009.jpg
    2009.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 146

ahainline

very cool.. interested to see exactly what "mods" and custom parts they are going to put on these cars

aemoo28

Stop the train, hold on. This is under cover, right? You're saying this is a 2010 version? How many more years are they making the late LIMITED PRODUCTION Special?

<<grumpy in Seattle>>

franklinair

I cheated (an early model C/S owner). One day i might have to buy one of these puppies. I love the late model vehicle engineering. I might even have to learn how to work on them, too!!

Neil

albegtcs

Aemoo28 has a good point, are they continuing the GT/CS for 2010? At this rate the GT/CS will be about as “special” and “limited production” as a F 150.

Ladystang

I certainly hope they do not continue to make this model. I'm beginning to lose faith in Ford. I still love my car, but it was suppose to be Limited.

OP
OP
P

PNewitt

Whoa, Nellie...
No one said anything about 2010.

Even with about 7,500 per year (about 150 cars per state), that's STILL a limited edition, compared to total Mustang production. But I understand anyone's dissappointment, after the 2007-08 run. Some dealers definately mislead folks when they bought theirs. Each year has it's desired features, colors, etc.

The Bullitt production was 7,700. The other side of this dbl. edged sword is that a few more cars will provide more exposure and desire. A "Too Limited" production might not let enough people know just what it is.

After 40 years, people still haven't seen the '68 version.

Paul N.

QuarterHorse

It is obvious from the photo that this is not a 2010 Mustang. Hopefully the production of the GT/CS stops at 2009.

Paul the VIN code news is exciting. However, I'm less than impressed with the aftermarket parts I'm seeing in the photo. They really aren't anything that I haven't seen before.

Skip

J.Bart

the 2010 does not have the body line over the fender, they smoothed it out.

GTCS07

The vin # is good news. The rest is aftermarket looking stuff that has been out for years. Why they didn't number the cars like they did with the Bullitt is the real mystery. Even after 3 years of late model production most people around me still don't know what my car is.

frank s

HEY! You early model owners, stay out! This is just for the late model people.... (LOL--kidding...).

[ ... ]

A couple of other things: We found a part of the VIN code that identifies GT/CS-Only (fake identifier); and I'll have a list of all the parts that make up a GT/CS (add/delete) on a GT coupe. This is just the tip of the iceberg.

[ ... ]

More excitement is coming!! Stay tuned!!!

Paul Newitt.

Did I miss the revelation from this October, 2008, bit of excitement? Any new news? Has the iceberg slud into the sea?

--
Frank S
San Diego CA USA