• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Drive shaft color codes?

somethingspecial

Does anyone know what the correct color codes are for a big block, 4 speed drive shaft. I have seen pictures of paint stripes on drive shafts, and I looked at the drive shaft I have, through all the rust, I can not find any color codes. No literature I have seen denotes colors. The build sheet for the Green Hornet, which was an original S code, C6 auto, shows BluBluRd, Two Blue stripes, One Red. Any thoughts. Mike

6t8-390gt

My 68 390 4spd. fastback had the following lt blue, dk blue, white. This was documented off my original drive shaft. The light blue stripe was approximately 1/2 in wide 21 inches from the front. Dark blue 1 in wide 23 inches from the front, and white 1/2 in stripe 26 3/4 in from the front.

Check out "my gallery" for a photo.

dalorzo_f

early '68 390 (S) 4 speed GT coupe, San Jose.

seafoam green-ish, light blue, white, pink

9", 17 1/2", 20 1/2",23 1/2" from weld seam at end

Have a late 68 X code, C6 that looks like

seafoam green-ish (?), red, med/dk blue, white, just looking at it on the car on the lift today. More data to follow once I get it off and a better inspection.