• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

For Sale 1968 gtcs grand torino california special mustang

Diesel Donna

In January I went to Barrett-Jackson, and we also visited Marti Autoworks for his open house.
We got a private tour with Kevin, he says that he does all of the Marti Reports himself.
I asked him if your name sounded familiar, he said, absolutely.

Haha! Yeah Arlie is probably a "frequent flier" with Marti! :wink:

franklinair

Went to look at the Acapulco Blue CS today near Charlotte, NC.
The Blue paint job is VERY nice.
Unfortunately both cowls leak- which is why the floorpans were replaced.
I believe it took a front end hit- LF fender replaced, radiator support replaced, and the lower rediator brackets were bent & boogered. The grill is a standard '68. (Didn't see any foglites, but they may be stashed with the myriad of removed parts from the car. Hood is a replacement-not drilled for CS hoodlocks. The interior is gutted- needs everything- including the dashpad. Side windows & regulators are removed, but stored.
It's basicly a good restorable project for someone wanting/willing to do a complete rebuild. I'm sure 90% of the parts are there, but it will require doing everything, from the ground up.
I thanked the owner (nice guy) for letting me look at the car,but it was too much work for me to tackle at this time.
I gave him a copy of the Marti report, as he was not familiar with them.

Neil

dalorzo_f

At $10k and the description above sounds like its worth half to 2/3 of asking.

And "Never any rust. " but bad cowls??? Howzat work?

New paint and bad cowls... not a good combo...

classicsguy

At $10k and the description above sounds like its worth half to 2/3 of asking.

And "Never any rust. " but bad cowls??? Howzat work?

New paint and bad cowls... not a good combo...

Agree 100%! its like wearing a Tuxedo with worn out sneakers...