• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

. 2010 Calendar Shots - Voting starts Thurs.

admin

Staff member
Administrator
The entries for the 2010 CS.com calendars are now in. I'm going to post the photos for a day and then start the voting first thing Thurs morning. Last year I missed someone who had sent me a photo and they got a late start on the voting. :sad: So I'm giving this preview a day early in case I missed anyone again. If you don't see your photo (or it's not the one you wanted to use) please contact me ASAP!

http://californiaspecial.com/calendar2010.htm

As usual, another great batch to choose from. Thanks to everyone who submitted their Specials! And good luck on the voting!

sam

Great group of pictures this year. The voting will be that much harder!
Thanks for putting this together.

davidathans

My car has been in the shop for a couple weeks...twisted the splines on my axles :) and carburetor secondary fuel bowl was a bad casting cuz it was flaking apart and it was causing the needle and seat to stick open and kept flooding...so i wasnt able to get a new/ good enough picture...maybe next year....

but wow!

Joe's picture is my favorite haha

also... #23....do you have Cobra R rims on your CS?!!

tomcwarren

I think you mean #24, David (for some reason the numbering goes left, right, center) - the blue 68 CS w/white hood stripe?

Love that pic - gives new meaning to 'down in the weeds'! :wink:

Tom

robert campbell

My car has been in the shop for a couple weeks...twisted the splines on my axles :) and carburetor secondary fuel bowl was a bad casting cuz it was flaking apart and it was causing the needle and seat to stick open and kept flooding...so i wasnt able to get a new/ good enough picture...maybe next year....

but wow!

Joe's is my fav also!! Rob loves smokin tires!!!

joedls

but wow!

Thanks, David!

What axles are you putting back in? Are the axles that twisted 31 spline? All that extra power will find the weakest link. Unfortunately, once you beef that up, it'll probably move on to the next weakest link.

Last edited:

joedls

Joe's is my fav also!! Rob loves smokin tires!!!

Thanks, Rob. But that smoke was just the left-over smoke from the burn-out. Most of it had already cleared out. If you look closely you can see the rear tire wrinkling. There was no spinning of tires (smoke generation)going on there.

Here's the burn-out.

IMG_1942r.jpg

Last edited:

davidathans

Thanks, David!

What axles are you putting back in? Are the axles that twisted 31 spline? All that extra power will find the weakest link. Unfortunately, once you beef that up, it'll probably move on to the next weakest link.

yes they were big bearing size, ford 9" 31 spline axles by Superior....When i changed my gear ratio from a 4.11 to a 3.70 and went from an auburn limited slip diff to a detroit locker...i put a lot more pressure on those splines and they are 5 years old with 130 races on them 90 with slicks and 5 with Nitrous and slicks...they are barely starting to twist, but the axles were making some noise when i drove home from the track in July.

Moser recommends at least 1" of engagement and from the marks on the axles, they weren't sized correctly because the left only engages 13/16" and the right goes in 1 1/8"

nfrntau

#23....do you have Cobra R rims on your CS?!!

Yep!
I thought they looked so good on your car, I had to have a set of my own. They are the same size tires as yours but I have 9" rims at each corner. I think the 8" rims on the front would be a little better.

Cheers

Joe I like your photo also..

Heres an interesting fact, photo #2 and #23 were taken within 100 yards of each other. That was a great cruise day around the lake.

davidathans

Yep!
I thought they looked so good on your car, I had to have a set of my own. They are the same size tires as yours but I have 9" rims at each corner. I think the 8" rims on the front would be a little better.

Haha cool. Ya, i have the 8" Cobra R Replicas in front and 9" in rear...i believe the 8" rims had to have a special +20mm offset otherwise the center caps wouldnt fit correctly and would have had to been left off. I was fortunate when i went to buy them, because AFSwheels said they discontinued making the 20mm offset ones and they only had a set or two left...this was several years ago though. My memory is a little hazy, but i think the standard 8" have a +12mm offset and the 9" rims have a +24mm offset

tomcwarren

>I see the numbering going left, center, right. What am I missing?

To answer Jon's question about the numbering, on my system (running IE8), I see the pics with the # to the right of the thumbnail/pic, but it appears that the 3rd # has wrapped to the next line, and appeared under the center thumbnail/pic:

[pic] # [pic] # [pic]
-------> # <------------- wrapped

So I (incorrectly) saw it is 01 as the # of the left pic, 02 is the # of the right pic, and 03 is the number of the center pic.

Tom

Diesel Donna

Yep! I love the photo of Joe's car. I'll have you all know that when Joe calls me on my cell phone...the name "Smokin' Joe" shows up.

One of these years I will submit a picture of my pony. :::::::::big sigh::::::::::

joedls

Yep! I love the photo of Joe's car. I'll have you all know that when Joe calls me on my cell phone...the name "Smokin' Joe" shows up.

One of these years I will submit a picture of my pony. :::::::::big sigh::::::::::

I think you did that after I took off from dinner over by Knott's in my 68 one year. The car was "rollin' smoke".

Diesel Donna

I think you did that after I took off from dinner over by Knott's in my 68 one year. The car was "rollin' smoke".

Uh huh...you and Tim D. were drifting in the Starbux parking lot after the Knott's show.