• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Off Topic Category

hookedtrout

I have a question or proposal I guess, I am also a Jeep Wrangler owner and belong to a couple of Jeep forums and one of the forums has an Off Topic section where you can go and simply shoot the breeze a bit on items that may be a little off topic. I have found this area to be a great place to actually get to know some of the members a little better and see some of their interests outside of the main topic, in this case Jeeps or here it would be the GT/CS HCS.

We all have other interests, I love to fly fish, and tinker with the Jeep and other cars that I own as well as do some woodworking. I would love to learn to weld and I'm thinking about buying a welder.

I do like keeping the subject on topic in the main forums as it keeps it cleaner and easier to keep up but thought I'd throw the idea of maybe adding another category for off topic items. Anyone else intersted?

Cory

admin

Staff member
Administrator
I'd be happy to add one if people think it would get used.

I have an Off Topic area in another forum I run and it gets used quite a bit, but that forum also has 3500+ more members than this one.

rvrtrash

I'd probably cruise through it. If nothing else, give it a try for a while and see what happens. Cory, if you want to weld, I have a 69 Fairlane convertible that needs floor pans I've been meaning to get to. You're welcome to come up and "learn" ;D
Steve

Calspecialdreamer

I think it's a good idea, although I probably wouldn't use it much. I would just email the individual. I'm usually in a hurry when I come to this site!!!!!!!!!!!

Diesel Donna

Oh I really like the Off Topic category. I agree with Hook's idea and glad to see that Jon incorporated it. Then again it's great to have the GT/CS site for more specific information. Now where's that GT/CS singles/dating site? Ha hahaaaaa!

~~~~Donna

twoclassics

Sorry Cory did not mean to incinuate your idea about a different forum was not a good idea, just havin a little fun today Chuck

OP
OP
hookedtrout

hookedtrout

It's OK you can have all the fun on my expense that you want, I'm actually really easy going. Lifes way to short.

Hook