• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

For Sale On Craigslist 1968 GT/CS (289 4 spd)

Batgirl89

1968 mustang GT/CS - $9000

Date: 2012-10-06, 10:00AM PDT
Reply to: see below

1968 Mustang GT/CS
Factory 4 speed
Factory posi
matching numbers
runs great

808 321-9479
http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sfc/cto/3320600013.html

its a call only ad. On my 4th question, he hung up on me LOL or maybe his phone went dead. I called back, but got a "voice mailbox that wasnt set up".
He answered my questions with one word replies. Just kinda strange all around. Dont know if its a scam?
My Questions:
Where is the car located: San Francisco
What engine: 289
How long have you owned it: 8 yrs
How is the interior: got disconnected

BigJim

He answered my questions with one word replies. Just kinda strange all around. Dont know if its a scam?
My Questions:
Where is the car located: San Francisco
What engine: 289
How long have you owned it: 8 yrs
How is the interior: got disconnected

Seems to me "San Francisco" and "8 years" are both two words and "289" is really 3 (two eighty nine) words. :grin:

OP
OP
Batgirl89

Batgirl89

Seems to me "San Francisco" and "8 years" are both two words and "289" is really 3 (two eighty nine) words. :grin:

ok your right, I just wanted him to elaborate!! I wanted to get the vin # from him, but got cut short lol

sportyworty

I tried to buy the car 2 months ago. The guy is hostile and was firm on the price. Finally got him to send me 3 more pics. The passenger front apron was wrinkled pretty bad. This made sense with the hood and mixed up Fog lamps of which he has another set. Tells me it was hit pretty hard long ago. I offered him very very close to the asking price and he said his phone was melting and hung up on me. I am sure plenty of people have seen the car by now. The car is in San Fran and he said he bought it from the original owner a little old lady from Pasadena not BS. Asked him why he had an 808 Hawaii number and he said it was a phone card and he goes there a lot. I swear I could hear him hitting the bong while we were talking lol

OP
OP
Batgirl89

Batgirl89

I tried to buy the car 2 months ago. The guy is hostile and was firm on the price. Finally got him to send me 3 more pics. The passenger front apron was wrinkled pretty bad. This made sense with the hood and mixed up Fog lamps of which he has another set. Tells me it was hit pretty hard long ago. I offered him very very close to the asking price and he said his phone was melting and hung up on me. I am sure plenty of people have seen the car by now. The car is in San Fran and he said he bought it from the original owner a little old lady from Pasadena not BS. Asked him why he had an 808 Hawaii number and he said it was a phone card and he goes there a lot. I swear I could hear him hitting the bong while we were talking lol

Thanks for the info! I was wondering about the Hawaii #. yes I called too early, 1000 hrs, and asked too many questions, thats why I got hung up on hehe

sportyworty

You are welcome it may still be a good car but for a potential 1000 mile trip with a trailer and it not be so I passed. I expect a seller to provide answers and pictures and be polite about it or pass. If you compare this to the Highland Green on e that sld on Ebay for 9000 a couple of weeks ago it looks over priced. The 4 speed is a bonus though. Here is a pic of the wrinkled apron you will have to blow it up. The guy is either lazy or did not want to disclose much likely both.

crinkle.jpg

OP
OP
Batgirl89

Batgirl89

You are welcome it may still be a good car but for a potential 1000 mile trip with a trailer and it not be so I passed. I expect a seller to provide answers and pictures and be polite about it or pass. If you compare this to the Highland Green on e that sld on Ebay for 9000 a couple of weeks ago it looks over priced. The 4 speed is a bonus though. Here is a pic of the wrinkled apron you will have to blow it up. The guy is either lazy or did not want to disclose much likely both.

I agree! Thank you for the pic!! We are full on projects right now. IF it was a BB I would make an exception. (on the project and dealing with the stoner AH)

Also, depending on how old the pics are, the registration tag exp 02/12. but if thats the case in SF if left on the street they would tow it. (CA back fees are hefty always something I consider when im buying)

Mosesatm

Here is the Marti

Attachments

• 8R01C154024_stdrpt.pdf
    122.2 KB · Views: 78

CougarCJ

4 speed and AM/FM, those are preferred options. What about disc brakes and power steering? LOL
I suspect that the engine is not numbers matching, I see the 1970 and up style alternator bracket.

Also missing the hood lock brackets.
Chances are the battery fender apron would need replacing due to battery corrosion.

Mosesatm

The water pump also seems to be exiting out the wrong side; should be on the passenger side.

I like how the radiator overflow hose is in the windshield washer reservoir!