• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

. Photos from IMM in Billings, MT

TraveledGTCS

Here are a few photos I took at the 31st International Mustang Meet in Billings, MT, the weekend of 4-7 September 2009. I didn't get around to taking photos of the late model GT/CS's. I barely remembered to take photos of the 68 California Specials. It was quite warm - hot for a western Washingtonian such as I. The overview photos were used courtesy www.westcoastmustangs.ca which also include all the Mustangs and Fords displayed at the show - under the second Form heading and Multimedia. (The late models GT/CS's can be view there if one wishes.)

This first set has photos of the Stock 1968 California Special Class; and the Pedal Cars, which the first one was displayed by the owners of the Stock White 1968 GT/CS.

Attachments

• Overview2.jpg
    Overview2.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 41
  • Stock1.jpg
    Stock1.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 48
  • Stock2.jpg
    Stock2.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 43
  • Stock3.jpg
    Stock3.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 47
  • Stock4.jpg
    Stock4.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 42
  • PedalGTCS.jpg
    PedalGTCS.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 45
Last edited:
OP
OP
TraveledGTCS

TraveledGTCS

Photos from IMM in Billing, MT

Here are the photos of the Modified 1968 California Specials.

(More than 3 modifications of any type and one is Modified. I was intially classified as modified until I removed the overflow tank.)

Attachments

• Modified3.jpg
    Modified3.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 41
  • Modified2.jpg
    Modified2.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 43
  • Modified1.jpg
    Modified1.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 37
  • Modified.jpg
    Modified.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 39
  • Overview1.jpg
    Overview1.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 34
  • Modified4.jpg
    Modified4.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 37
Last edited:

robert campbell

GREAT Pictures!

3 modifications! Wow is that anal. We struggled with the modified class for Kitsap Mustang Club out of Bremerton. What we finally did was place them as the drove up. Not on a number of modifications, but on the mods ability to give the car unfair advantage over a stock car. There is little in this group of GT/CS's that I would have "forced" them into a mod class.

Our Fastback was a great example of leverage over a stock 67 Fastback. It is hugely modified and should never be in the stock class. But some tires and wheels and a Cobra engine dress up kit. Not!

I actually got manipulated one year by a Boss 302 owner. His car had 48 IDA Webers under the hood and some aftermarket wheels. He requested to be placed in the mod class. Little did Rob know that about 30 minutes later a Boss 429 in an enclosed trailer came in. The Boss 302 guy was in the same club and knew he was coming and would not win the Boss class.

What people will do for a 10 buck trophy....

Rob