• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

electrical problem? need help please

WLM

My turn signal lights quit working 2 weeks ago, then the next day they worked fine. Today I drove my CS and they stopped working again, all the turn signal lights, hood dash and rear. Any ideas on what I should look at? I know very little about electrical systems.

Thanks for any help, Bill

rvrtrash

Next time the signals stop working, check to see if the emergency flashers work. They have a different lead into the column harness but feed the same lights, if I remember correctly. I don't have my schematics in front of me, but I think that's right. Anyway, if the emer. flashers work, you may have a bad flasher unit or a bad turn signal harness. Let us know and maybe we can narrow it down further.
Steve

OP
OP
W

WLM

I went out to check the emergency flashers, I first looked under the dash and checked the flasher unit to make sure it was pluged in all the way. Now the the turn signals work. It may have just been a loose connection on the flasher unit.

Thanks for the help!
Bill Martin

PFSlim

Bill

If it does happen again, the first stop is usually the ground. For some reason, the tail light ground is not much good. Hopefully you have the problem fixed.

Paul