• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 Rear LEDS - Wide or Narrow?

BroadwayBlue

I know a few people have replaced their stock tail light bulbs with LEDs.

I'm planning on ordering them but I'm curious if people went with wide or narrow and if you're happy with your choice.

Also - for the front would you go wide or narrow?

My thought is wide in the rear and narrow in the front but not sure.

Thanks!

Mosesatm

Rich, what do you mean by, "for the front"? Are you talking about the side marker lights?

OP
OP
BroadwayBlue

BroadwayBlue

Rich, what do you mean by, "for the front"? Are you talking about the side marker lights?

Actually I forgot about the side markers :smile:

I was talking about the front turn signals at the bottom under the bumper.

I guess I would pose the question for both the front and side markers then.

I don't really think I'm going to go with the fronts right now but wanted to see if anyone did go led there as well.

gazrox

I think the sequential LED turn signal lights in the hood are really cool as well. Thats a must have for me!! :grin:

robert campbell

Rich,
Two pictures. One of the taillights and one of the brake lights. My tailight buckets are repainted, but not as "chrome" as they could be. So the reflection is what it is. Tail light lenses are brand new and everything is clean. I have not replaced the front bulbs yet, but plan to.

DSCN6758.jpg

DSCN6759.jpg

Rob

OP
OP
BroadwayBlue

BroadwayBlue

Thanks Rob!
The narrow aren't too bad. I would be interested to compare with the wide though.

How much do the buckets really help as far as reflection with the LEDs?
Is it comparable to the incandescent?

I would think the buckets have less of an impact on the LEDs but I'm just guessing.

OP
OP
BroadwayBlue

BroadwayBlue

Attachments

• 65ede02d-23a3-4757-b729-08cc342809e169hoodlight.gif
    65ede02d-23a3-4757-b729-08cc342809e169hoodlight.gif
    110.8 KB · Views: 32

robert campbell

Thanks Rob!
The narrow aren't too bad. I would be interested to compare with the wide though.

How much do the buckets really help as far as reflection with the LEDs?
Is it comparable to the incandescent?

I would think the buckets have less of an impact on the LEDs but I'm just guessing.

Rich,
I totally agree, and I bet the narrow LED's are not as affected by the buckets as the wide LED's. The stock bulbs would work best with the brightest "chrome" in the buckets. I used the poof can stuff and it is not as good as the original.

All of the above is why I picked the narrow pattern. My thoughts at the time were the wide patttern "may" need a better coating in the bucket.

Hope someone can post a wide pic at night. My camera had a flash, and I should have turned it off. so it kinda lightened the shot, but it was pitch black at the time of the shot.

Rich, buy the wide, drive out here in July, and we will do a side by side!!!!

Rob