• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Has Anybody Seen a 2007 GT/CS Yet?

MoonHawk

Just bought mine last Thursday in Columbus. I owned a 1964.5 Mustang when I was in high school. Bought it at an auction, restored it..great car. Unfortunately, husband #1 got it in our divorce.

I love my new GT/CS! I originally went with the intention of purchasing the new Shelby, I liked this one much better, and in all honesty the only difference is the engine size. The original 1968 was a modified Shelby of sorts, so it is fitting that this CS follows suit. The minute I started it up in the showroom, I knew I was taking it home. I did not purchase the "appearance package", clean lines are better, and besides who needs a hood scoop that really doesn't work?

There is a $3000.00 LOH tacked onto the MSRP, which I was able to get out of as they quoted me the price without the LOH.

Tried to upload a picture, don't know if it actually took or not.... :(

Mosesatm

I can't see the stripe. Is that part of the appearance package or is it just difficult to see on a black car?

P

PNewitt

Welcome Moonhawk!

I'll be extending the GT/CS Registry to include the '07 and '08 cars as well (as well as the Calif Edition (CE), So.Calif Special (SCS) and the San Diego Edition.

I'm supposed to see one of two that are arriving to Harrold Ford in Sacto this week. Hopefully, we'll get one of them up on a rack to get photos for "future concours", in the new book.

This is an exciting time!

More to follow,

Paul Newitt

MoonHawk

If you look at the picture of the front view (passenger side) you can see the stripe. It is more of a ghost. I have pictures posted in my gallery, took them tonight. Will take better ones this weekend to hopefully get the GT/CS stripe to show up better. The gas cap emblem on the back of the car also did not turn out as well as I would have hoped.

Mosesatm

PNewitt said:
Welcome Moonhawk!

I'll be extending the GT/CS Registry to include the '07 and '08 cars as well (as well as the Calif Edition (CE), So.Calif Special (SCS) and the San Diego Edition.

I'm supposed to see one of two that are arriving to Harrold Ford in Sacto this week. Hopefully, we'll get one of them up on a rack to get photos for "future concours", in the new book.

This is an exciting time!

More to follow,

Paul Newitt

Paul, is it going to be limited to California cars only or are you also going to have the Texas Edition in the book? It seems to be the same as the SCS.

P

PNewitt

I'd like to stay with the California-Only Mustangs. I bet that the "Twister" Registry, or someone else in Texas might pick up the "Stampede" Mustangs.

Just like how Bob "Big Block" Teets runs the HCS Registry, but there is shared info, etc...

Paul.

luisa2552

I haven't heard from the dealer yet that said they had one coming in (just to look at!). I did however see a Hertz Shelby today. Beeeeeautifullll! I'd take one of those over the new CS.

P

PNewitt

Has anyone ever seen a "Hertz Donut"?

I'm sure if you ask around, someone will get one for you.

(sorry, I couldn't resist)

Paul "ouch" Newitt.

MoonHawk

Having not been able to keep my 1964.5, this Mustang will forever be mine. Paul I would love to be able to put this new one in a registry. When you decide to do this, please let me know.

Mustang fever has struck, I just may have to start looking for that old 1964 and get it back. My husband thinks I am obsessed...he may be right (grin).