• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Best place for GT/CS restoration parts?

Calspecialdreamer

Hi gang,

My friend has a California Special (I will post pics soon) and it needs EVERYTHING! Can anyone recommend a specific place for quality parts or do you just order from a variety of places? We would like to keep shipping costs down and order from one or two places. I mean everything is pulled out of this car, but it is straight and needs even the bolts and screws! He has had it sitting (under a tarp at least) for 3 years and has about 3,500.00 in it so far. Thanks.

Talan423

i'm sure that everybody has their own opinion as to where the best place is to get parts is. as for me, the best place for the "general" mustang parts ie.. nuts, bolts, rubber etc.. has been National Parts Depot because they are only about 10 miles from my house, so that has saved me a lot of $ on shipping costs. as for the mail order stuff that i have bought, most of it has come from Mustangs Unlimited (same day shipping, large catalog) mustangsunlimited.com. the california special parts have come from Tony Branda (biggest selection) cobranda.com.

good luck
tom

MArndt2001

I found AMK Products to have sets of fastners I needed. I have found it easier to talk with them becasue some of their items are not listed in their on-line catalog (Screws for the tail lights in my case.)

Good luck and enjoy.

OP
OP
C

Calspecialdreamer

Thanks guys, I too have used mustangs unlimited a lot, but mostly for my mustang II's. Talk about hard to find parts. AMK fasteners I have not used yet, but I will for the Cal Special. Thanks again!