• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 engine rebuild

68Jcode

Hello everyone,

im going to start working on my car, wondering if anyone knows of a shop or engine builder i can get my engine rebuilt with out in California? im in Los Angeles and i want to make sure this Jcode is worked thru properly.

Thanks in Advance!

Batgirl89

Im in the bay area, Livermore, its kinda far for you. We have a machine shop here, D&M, its been here for years, he does all the classic cars and really know his stuff, he loves Fords. Hes doing our GT/CS GT 390 right now. He said that no one around here can grind a crank and sends them out to a guy in CO. Hes having a special cam built for me that will give more HP but sounds stock. Hes very correct, original, & knowledgeable. Its going to be about $3k for him to build my motor. He covered the VIN stamp with a plate on my engine block to preserve the VIN stamp for when it went in the bead blast tank. When we dropped all my stuff off, he showed us a engine block from a mopar bumble bee valued at $100K, that he is doing. He will build the motor how ever you want it, stock or not. You could freight ship your motor to him.

OP
OP

68Jcode

Im in the bay area, Livermore, its kinda far for you. We have a machine shop here, D&M, its been here for years, he does all the classic cars and really know his stuff, he loves Fords. Hes doing our GT/CS GT 390 right now. He said that no one around here can grind a crank and sends them out to a guy in CO. Hes having a special cam built for me that will give more HP but sounds stock. Hes very correct, original, & knowledgeable. Its going to be about $3k for him to build my motor. He covered the VIN stamp with a plate on my engine block to preserve the VIN stamp for when it went in the bead blast tank. When we dropped all my stuff off, he showed us a engine block from a mopar bumble bee valued at $100K, that he is doing.

thanks so much for the info, great move on the vin protection!! Hopefully can find something a bit closer to home at the Fabulous Fords Show next month.