• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Hood Locks in 68 CS Commercial??

BroadwayBlue

Sorry if this has been mentioned before but I just noticed something in the 68 commercial I never noticed before.

The hood locks in the 68 commercial on the beach have some kind of metal ring or base under the hood locks.
It makes them look like the early 70 hood locks.

If this was discussed already I missed it - I searched but didn't see a thread on it.

Anyone have info on this?

Here is the link to the commercial. Look at the closeup of the hood locks ... it's about 40 seconds in and just after they show the foglights

http://www.gt350h.com/video/gtcs_wm.wmv

P

PNewitt

The hood lock bases are actually the older click-pin type, with four rivets securing each base.

The GT/SC (Sport Coupe) prototype also had the '67 Shelby type click pins, but for some reason, the cables were wound around the pins--in the photo.

The '68 GT/CS and Shelby hood pins were still in development by ACSCO in Southern Calif., and when they were available, they had to do a quick switcheroo for the commercial, and it ended up with the right hood (twist type) pins, but the older bases, still with the rivets in them.

Paul N.

GTCSMustang

Just to be clear, the 1968 Shelby hood lock bases were secured to the fiberglass hood by 4-rivets, and the GT/CS hood locks were not.

Scott