• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Correct color for GT symbols on hubcaps

EBS

Could someone please identify for me the brand and name of the "correct" color of paint for touching up the GT letters on my CS hubcaps. Thanks for any info.
Ed

390cs68rcode

Hard to say exactly. I have 2 sets of NOS GT caps and the color is different on both sets. One is a almost transparent red and the other is not. If you can find a GT gas cap or even repro caps at a mustang parts house and compare the color that is what I would do.

68gt390

EBS said:
Could someone please identify for me the brand and name of the "correct" color of paint for touching up the GT letters on my CS hubcaps. Thanks for any info.
Ed

When I touched up my GT center caps on my GT Coupe I simply used red enamel from one of my modeling kits and fine point brush. Worked pretty good plus it matched up very well with my GT pop open cap. Even in my GT 390 World Registry they recommend using red enamel. Hope this helps.

Don

PFSlim

I touched up my gas cap the exact same way Don recommended. It matches my hub caps ver well.

I have also heard of someone using red fingernail polish, but don't know if anyone would recommend it.

Paul

luisa2552

I did the nail polish thing and it looks ok. I'm going to re-do them with a fine brush.

rvrtrash

I wasn't going to tell how I did mine but what the heck! I used some 1969 Candy Apple Red touch up paint I had for another car and it looks great.:grin:
Steve