• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

window tint or these?

HappyHour

Louvers are nice...gives a throwback fastback look. Plus having to take time to prep the car for install sets it apart from others. Go for it.

aemoo28

I'm planning on tinting first then installing the louvers. You know, we are going to get our Cali's confused!! You are copying me, and I'm so honored. Or am I copying you? I spoke with a MCA judge and in 10 years when we can show our cars, it's estimated there will no longer be a class for "stock" cars anyway... So LET'S DO IT!

aemoo28

I've just tinted all windows with 11%- super dark-(It came this way from the dealer, Mr. State Trooper). Next I'm having the louvers installed. Can't decide if I want the Roush 5 slat or Auto FX 6 slat (more expensive but permanent). Both are open slats for visibility and I've tested both in real cars. I know the Roush is more common, which is why I like the Auto FX. Can't find online pic of the 6 slat to show you. Difference is $150 more, and it's permanently fixed, not 3M taped. What do you think?

OP
OP
K

koronen

Heh, I am most likely going with the Silver Horse racing ones. I hadn't heard about the auto fx ones though.

aemoo28

An opinion on the dark tint... at night, it's a little hard to see. I was advised of this problem, but wanted this dark color anyway. Side vision at night is sketchy at this point, so I may have to lighten the tint. FYI. And the auto fx slats look better with the 6 slats- can't find them online, just in the mag. Maybe I'll save the $200 and get the Roush 5 slat (like yours) and spend the $200 on the engine cover instead. Or maybe I should get new glasses? Aww, the Pony comes first, glasses can wait!