• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 fabulous fords forever

OP
OP
R

retroman99

Fab fords this weekend

It was a hot day at Knotts today over 1000 mustangs 7 GT/CS's lots of people. took a few pictures. Even had 1 all the way from Sacramento.

Attachments

• DSCF1914a.jpg
    DSCF1914a.jpg
    130 KB · Views: 45
  • DSCF1917b.JPG
    DSCF1917b.JPG
    191.7 KB · Views: 38
  • DSCF1918b.JPG
    DSCF1918b.JPG
    230.7 KB · Views: 50
  • DSCF1920b.JPG
    DSCF1920b.JPG
    227.4 KB · Views: 41
  • DSCF1924b.JPG
    DSCF1924b.JPG
    179 KB · Views: 40
  • DSCF1928b.JPG
    DSCF1928b.JPG
    199.1 KB · Views: 44
  • DSCF1931b.JPG
    DSCF1931b.JPG
    210.3 KB · Views: 41
  • DSCF1927b.JPG
    DSCF1927b.JPG
    207.1 KB · Views: 40

Ruppstang

no trophies just lots of fun. I do think my car was sharper than the others got lots of great complements. but I'm a bias judge. your child is always the cutest in the room

I am a 67-68 Mustang / Shelby Gold card judge and not bias and I easily picked your car.
Marty

OP
OP
R

retroman99

I am a 67-68 Mustang / Shelby Gold card judge and not bias and I easily picked your car.
Marty

Thank you after going thru all the investigation and learning with lots of help from folks on this forum I find it hard to look at other cars without noticing all the things they didn't get quite right. I'm still not sure I have it all correct. I know I deviated in a few areas as a matter of personal taste but really tried to get it as close to factory correct as possible. at the end of the day I like it that's all that should matter. Taking her to the Elderbrock car show here in Torrance CA this weekend should be lots of great cars there.

Ruppstang

If you really want to know about your car next time there is a MCA national show on the West coast enter it in Concours Driven class. The judge sheet is 20 pages and 700 points. We usually spend a hour to a hour and a half per car. You can request your judge sheet which is a great help in improving the car.
FYI we have one in Tucson AZ. May 12-14 this year but registration has now closed.

admin

Staff member
Administrator
Thanks for the photos retroman. I make it out to Fab Fords most years, but couldn't squeeze in the trip this time. I'm glad there was a decent showing of Specials. Hope to see you there in future years.

Ruppstang

Are you going to be at the Tucson show Marty?

Yes we will be there. If Tari is not there, there would not be a show as she is the national show secretary. She organizes all of the registrations, sets up the correct judge sheets for 72 classes then talley's then after they are judged. Then providers the winners list to the host club.
I am really fortunate to have such a car oriented wife. All I have to do is judge cars.

Hope to see you there. I will PM you my cell number.

Marty

OP
OP
R

retroman99

Thanks for the photos retroman. I make it out to Fab Fords most years, but couldn't squeeze in the trip this time. I'm glad there was a decent showing of Specials. Hope to see you there in future years.

I spoke with somebody at the show that mentioned back on the 45th anniversary of the GT/CS Galpin Ford had a big gathering of GT/CS's on Saturday and then they all showed up at FFF the following day. he mentioned he was planning on working the show and that it would be great if next year the 50th anniversary we could get a large showing and get all parked together. it's essentially in my back yard so I'm in for sure.

OP
OP
R

retroman99

If you really want to know about your car next time there is a MCA national show on the West coast enter it in Concours Driven class. The judge sheet is 20 pages and 700 points. We usually spend a hour to a hour and a half per car. You can request your judge sheet which is a great help in improving the car.
FYI we have one in Tucson AZ. May 12-14 this year but registration has now closed.

thanks Marty I will be looking for an opportunity to have that done so I know what to work on. I printed out the MCA judging sheet amazing amount of detail. the driven class gives you a little more flexibility like SS brake lines. was surprised to see a deduction for exhaust manifold gaskets wow hard to believe they came from the factory that way

Ruppstang

[ was surprised to see a deduction for exhaust manifold gaskets wow hard to believe they came from the factory that way[/QUOTE]

Actually it was a very good design. The gasket impedes the transfer of heat from the exhaust manifold to the head where the coolant can carry away the heat. This can lead to cracking and warping of the manifold which was a big problem with the long six cylinder manifold. For it to seal properly both surfaces need to be perfectly flat and the bolts torqued to factory specifications. I have never had one leak that I have done in this way.