• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 Help! Pictures of 68 GT/CS tail light wiring needed!

OP
OP
volvotech06

volvotech06

Yes the ground wire connects under one of the housing mounting screws. So I just installed the new trunk and tail light wiring from Pete at coral snake but am having an issue. The brake and turn signals work fine but the tail lights do not. When I turn on the headlight switch the tail lights do not work but the right reverse light turns on. Anyone have any ideas? The car doesnt even have a reverse light switch installed on the shifter, old owner removed it.

OP
OP
volvotech06

volvotech06

Does anyone know if the license plate lights is a ground circuit for the tail lights? I dont have a bulb socket connected to the trunk harness?